• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

OVMS support is coming

Hi Mike,
Do you need to have a data plan with this device? I know there is a sim card in them, but if there a separate monthly fee for that?
Many thanks
It’s free for a small amount of data, but I think it uses less from what I remember reading. I have signed up to Holigram, but I don’t think I needed too.

Hi Mike,
I’ve purchaed one of these and installed it. Ive setup and it kind of works but I don’t get any Info about the main battery. It does show some info about the 12 volt batt. I think I’m missing something obvious, did it work for you first time or did you have some trouble setting up. Thanks.

It took me ages to get it working! I had to reset the box at least once, then it 'failed' but on restart I discovered that it had worked.

I set up on my MacBook first, then once all running and with the current MG test firmware installed I then plugged into the car and everything worked fine. This is all the info I get using the iOS app.
IMG_3828.jpeg
IMG_3829.jpeg

Ah thanks Mike, will you do a video on your latest tech the SoH could be useful as long as it accurate. Thank you for your response.
Just one question have you done a lot of rapid charging on have you mainly completed 7 KWh charging and granny cable charging?

Ah thanks Mike, will you do a video on your latest tech the SoH could be useful as long as it accurate. Thank you for your response.
Just one question have you done a lot of rapid charging on have you mainly completed 7 KWh charging and granny cable charging?
mostly 7kW, a handful of granny and about a dozen rapid charges. Rarely balance the battery.

Hmm so a big difference between the Leaf and the MG then..sounds positive and thank you for sharing this information.
Question with the MG battery warranty, when would this come in to effect to make some type of claim, is it purely on failure or would it include excessive battery degradation? What percentage of loss would MG deem acceptable?

Wow that’s a big drop of 30% that’s n effect 4.25% per annum...something bad would need to go wrong to drop to those levels then.

@Mike :
Just a stupid question, before I buy the car here in Denmark ...
Can you use OVMS while driving and monitor the SOC (since this is missing in the cars displays...)

Thanx in Advance,
Andreas

If things like OVMS is so desirable the time will come when every car by law will require a co-driver by law to check the telemetry on a quick run to the local shop for a packet of fags

@Mike :
Just a stupid question, before I buy the car here in Denmark ...
Can you use OVMS while driving and monitor the SOC (since this is missing in the cars displays...)

Thanx in Advance,
Andreas
Yes. But if your phone is like mine, the screen turns off after a short time, but it still works fine.

Yes. But if your phone is like mine, the screen turns off after a short time, but it still works fine.
On your Android phone, you can set the screen to always on when charging. Go to Settings, About phone, tap "Build number" seven times to enable Developer mode. Go back to settings where you should now see "Developer Options" and find the keep screen on whilst charging" option.

On your Android phone, you can set the screen to always on when charging. Go to Settings, About phone, tap "Build number" seven times to enable Developer mode. Go back to settings where you should now see "Developer Options" and find the keep screen on whilst charging" option.
Not an option on my iPhone.

Hi Mike
If it helps, go to General > Settings > Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock and change setting to NEVER. Should mean screen stays on even when charging on iOS.
Shawn
Not an option for me as I have a profile, so I can access one of the companies I work for, secure apps via iPhone, which prevents this option appearing.
Staying on only works where the individual app allows it like Tom Tom GO Mobile.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom