OVO Charge Anytime tariff reduction

Barbette

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have just received an email from OVO advising that from tomorrow (1st November), the price per kWh on their Charge Anytime was being reduced from 10p to 7p. Unlike most other EV tariffs, the standard price per kWh for daytime use is not adjusted, and only power that goes through the wall box (in my case an Ohme HomePro) is charged at the reduced rate, providing you give it enough time to perform the charging when it determines to be optimum time for the network - for instance, if you plugged in at 8am and indicated you wanted 40% added by 10pm that evening, the 7p rate would apply. (I haven’t yet had a situation where it’s decided that I want to charge too quickly to enjoy the Charge Anytime price).

I thought the idea of the OVO anytime was that you could plug the car in at anytime to charge and you are credited 7p/kWh (was10p/kWh) based on what the car used.

You’re credited the difference between the standard tariff and 7p, so you will be credited an additional 3p per kWh from tomorrow.
You only pay full tariff if you need to override the “best time to charge” and do a boost charge to add the charge as soon as possible.

.... at the end of the day - for those without battery storage, even if you have to change your charger to an ohme (and sell the other one on ebay?) - it is fantastic - it works out about 2p / mile - what is not to like to convert from an ICE car (at 15-30p / mile)? - even my 87 yr old mother is interested :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'd like to go on to this tariff but have solar and battery storage. I can currently charge my batteries overnight on a cheap tariff. Apparently, with OVO you can only charge your car and not the solar battery which is a pity.

I have just received an email from OVO advising that from tomorrow (1st November), the price per kWh on their Charge Anytime was being reduced from 10p to 7p....
Hi I would like to go onto the OVO Charge Anytime tariff. Does it work with the MG5 EV?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi I would like to go onto the OVO Charge Anytime tariff. Does it work with the MG5 EV?
The car needs to be able to connect to the internet to “talk” to the compatible charger. Neither my pre facelift five long range nor my Rolec can do that so apparently I can’t get the 7p Charge Anytime tariff “at present” says OVO.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom