Simler51

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Picked up new Holborn Blue SR MG4 - only hand washed twice with dealers cleaning pack-tiny spots of paint coming off revealing black base. Had car supaguard treatment which should protect paintwork. Went to by touch up paint … guess what not available yet through MG, Paintnuts or Chipex. Spoke to my dealer using scenario “what if car damaged and needed new part and respray?. Unable to answer me!!

Picked up new Holborn Blue SR MG4 - only hand washed twice with dealers cleaning pack-tiny spots of paint coming off revealing black base. Had car supaguard treatment which should protect paintwork. Went to by touch up paint … guess what not available yet through MG, Paintnuts or Chipex. Spoke to my dealer using scenario “what if car damaged and needed new part and respray?. Unable to answer me!!
I got some Holborn blue from Chipex last week.

If you have spots of paint coming off a brand new car, I wouldn't be asking the dealer to sell me touch-up paint, I'd be complaining very loudly.
Looking more closely I think they are small stone chips - but I agree with you it is bad show. I don’t think MG triple spray their bodywork.if you finger scratch the surface it just gets worse

Looking more closely I think they are small stone chips - but I agree with you it is bad show. I don’t think MG triple spray their bodywork.if you finger scratch the surface it just gets worse
A
If you have spots of paint coming off a brand new car, I wouldn't be asking the dealer to sell me touch-up paint, I'd be complaining very loudly.
Regarding ‘complaining very loudly’ to a company ie MG Motors who ignore major issues is just going to drop everything over a minor body problem? I don’t think so

I just tried to get some volcano orange touch up paint for a couple of stone chips on my MG4 and was also told that MG don't sell that...

Paintnuts to the rescue. A bit pricy at £36 for a set of touch up pens delivered a week later, but no other option from MG.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have accepted a brand new car with paint damage. On previous cars that I’ve had over a period of time that had suffered paint chips the touching in, even when done by the dealer were never satisfactory, always noticeable.
I bought my MG HS PHEV Exclusive from F G Barnes Ltd at Canterbury, Kent in August 2021. The car is comfortable and economical, overall 62.5 mpg.
My car is in Farringdon Red and the paintwork is as immaculate now as it was when new. Its certainly one of the cars strongest points. Even the engine bay is a joy to behold in the same shining finish as the exterior.
I’ve never polished but wash it regularly with a good quality car shampoo
and wax.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 498 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums