Paint Protection

ian4c

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Over many years with new cars I have ordered paint protection. For example my present Car Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross AWD purchased paint protection and I have never polished it. Paint Red is perfect and like new after 4 years. Protected from sea gull mess almost every week.

The Red Trophy looks good. No experience with MG paint. Purchasing a MG4 Trophy Red

What is your opinion or experience in protecting Mg paint?

The red paint option for MG4 is tri-paint with top layer of paint already adding protection. I will wait to see what options /deals the MG dealer can offer for extra paint protection.

The red paint option for MG4 is tri-paint with top layer of paint already adding protection. I will wait to see what options /deals the MG dealer can offer for extra paint protection.
Tri coat does not “add protection” - obviously you will still have your clear coat on top to which you may want to add additional protection, or you may not. In fact, tri coat paint can be more of a pain to touch up than regular paint if it is damaged. 👍

Had my MG5 tricoat red protected fom new. 18 month later is still looks great, only problem with tri coat paint is it is a bit more costly to repair. But it does look great.
I find the MG paint finish is as good as previous VWs and Skoda, the only issue is it is a bit patchy underneath. In the first instance I would spend any spare money protecting the underside of the car particularly if you intend keeping it a while

Had my MG5 tricoat red protected fom new. 18 month later is still looks great, only problem with tri coat paint is it is a bit more costly to repair. But it does look great.
I find the MG paint finish is as good as previous VWs and Skoda, the only issue is it is a bit patchy underneath. In the first instance I would spend any spare money protecting the underside of the car particularly if you intend keeping it a while
Isn't the underside a flat floor through a cover - late brake review. Salt will still get in, but much less and if you want to protect that, you'd need to get the flat floor off which might not be easy.

I have to say, the pictures everywhere showing the Dynamic Red look really good and do look protected.

I have to say, the pictures everywhere showing the Dynamic Red look really good and do look protected.
I didn’t pay for protection, and after only washing the red paintwork looks fab on my Trophy, in my eyes.

Attachments

• 1B736AC0-1392-4A58-ABCE-2BDB8F77C9C1.jpeg
    1B736AC0-1392-4A58-ABCE-2BDB8F77C9C1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 91
This has been covered elsewhere, but my advice is if you really want paint protection get a good detailer to do your car, not the dealership (or at least get a few quotes). You will get a better job and probably save money too.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back