Panoramic Roof

Thanks for that. I think it's worth £1k - similar to a Focus, etc., etc. I want one!

Really don't like the Mulan colours though...

Edit: on second thoughts, it would add weight in just the wrong place, and reduce body stiffness, so maybe not...

Last edited:
The awd version has the panoramic roof

1667458921492.png

Said it before the interior colour isn't my cup of tea but like the roof

Especially the steering wheel

You'll also need the heater on full blast in the winter because of the cold drop off the uninsulated glass
Thanks for that. I think it's worth £1k - similar to a Focus, etc., etc. I want one!

Really don't like the Mulan colours though...

Edit: on second thoughts, it would add weight in just the wrong place, and reduce body stiffness, so maybe not...
It won't reduce body stiffness at all, bonded glass doesn't. In fact the reason windscreens went from a gasket fit to bonded in was to increase structural strength (as well as lower costs!)

Being a convertable man who has the top down every single time I drive the car (and I scratch my head when I see a massive % of converatble owners who rarely drop the top), I've always faniced the idea of a pano roof. My issue though is do they ever leak? The kind of look like a velux on a car, and I despise those things.

It won't reduce body stiffness at all, bonded glass doesn't. In fact the reason windscreens went from a gasket fit to bonded in was to increase structural strength (as well as lower costs!)
Fair enough, but strength to weight ratio will still be inferior to steel. Which is why most modern cars have such dire rear visibility, unfortunately.

Being a convertable man who has the top down every single time I drive the car (and I scratch my head when I see a massive % of converatble owners who rarely drop the top), I've always faniced the idea of a pano roof. My issue though is do they ever leak? The kind of look like a velux on a car, and I despise those things.
I'm sure they could leak if they're badly installed at the factory, but my wife's Tiguan has one and it's been no problem so far.

I have seen reports of drain pipes getting blocked with muck resulting in water ingress, and in one case a pano roof shattering while the car was being driven.

I have the panoramic roof in my Arteon not had any issues so far🤞had it 4 years.

You've got spacial awareness about 1,353 times better than I have to be able to drive one of them. Those are about the length of the street!

To be fair it's a pain sometimes, it's the length!! It's 4.9m something.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back