Parcel shelf

cherielikethefruit

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Really boring thread, but I’m really surprised at how crappy the parcel shelf fixtures are. Mine has a Velcro clip but that’s just useless. Constantly not closing right if I’ve had more in my boot. Just a bit like why so crap?

Ours busted, not Velcro, just crappy car carpet on the parcel shelf and rubbish glue on the plastic hinge bit. Dealer is meant to have one on order but not heard, might resort to superglue

How/where does it have a velcro clip?
That wouldn't be able to swivel when you open/close the boot, regardless of what's in there.

Mine is a plastic pin hinge, with a string loop to connect to the nub on the boot.
My Focus before that had basically the exact same design and materials for the shelf and fixtures.

Ours busted, not Velcro, just crappy car carpet on the parcel shelf and rubbish glue on the plastic hinge bit. Dealer is meant to have one on order but not heard, might resort to superglue
Did you ever get a replacement for that? I might have the same problem and I'm looking for a replacement part but don't know what to search to get the specific part. Take a look at my thread :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back