Passenger Windscreen one touch closing question

regnak23

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I can press the button briefly to open the driver windscreen and it starts & continues to go down until it's fully open after I let it go. Same with the front passenger windscreen when operated from the Drivers side. I can only one tap the drivers windscreen to go back up again, I have to hold the button to get the front passenger windscreen to go fully back up. Thought this was a bit strange, is this normal? Small niggle but takes my hand away for longer than I would like when talking to someone / opening it to get a better view of the road etc. Thanks.

My previous cars have done that too, it's for safety I think.

The idea is that you can't accidentally trap a passengers hand / head etc.

On your own side as the driver there's no problem as a) it's your own body and b) your hands should be on the wheel.

The window might need resetting. Fully open the window and hold the switch in the open position for 10 seconds. Then fully close the window and hold the switch in the close position for 10 seconds.

Tried the 10 second trick - recall I had to do that on my old Mazda after it had been in for a service and they had disconnected the battery. Didn't work on my MG4 here though. The safety answers seems most likely, makes sense even if it can tell there's someone not sitting there, oh well! Thanks all.

Sounds like you have an SE like me, one touch down for all windows, but one touch up for drivers window only. All the passenger windows, you have to hodl the switch until it's fully up. I believe the Trophy gets one touch windows up and down for all windows.

I find it mildly annoying as my pervious car had one touch up/down for all windows, and it must only be a software setting.

Sounds like you have an SE like me, one touch down for all windows, but one touch up for drivers window only. All the passenger windows, you have to hodl the switch until it's fully up. I believe the Trophy gets one touch windows up and down for all windows.

I find it mildly annoying as my pervious car had one touch up/down for all windows, and it must only be a software setting.
I can confirm my Trophy has one touch up and down for all windows.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back