• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

PCP change of dealer?

Alun26

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I’m really considering changing from my current ZS ICE to the 5 but I still have 1 year to go on my 4 year PCP and was wondering if a different dealer would arrange for the finance to be settled when I give the car back or do I have to go to the dealer that it came from?
The reason I would like to do this as my current closest dealer IMO does not have very good customer service, and has dismissed a couple of issues I’ve had (click in steering and screen rattling)

I sure (correct me if wrong) the new dealer can pay off the PCP. My son swapped his Merc for a Ford with 1 year still outstanding. They paid it off and reduced his monthly payment

Anyone can settle the finance. You could even sell it to WBAC and they’d settle the finance and give you any remainder assuming there was some.

Agree with above most definitely "sell" to whoever roils out the best complete deal,. Couple of things to note. Manufacturer dealers regardless of brand seem to offer the lowest px but you may get lucky if they have a car on site or a quota to meet (not likely for MG). So sell to anyone reputable and they will clear the finance. However watch out for the timing. I gave MG 9 days to clear the finance on my BMW before next payment due after they took control of the car. They failed to do so and I have just found a "late payment" on my credit reference record as it took almost two weeks for MG to finalise the settlement despite having had 7 clear working days days to do so.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom