Petition to get MG to allow drivers to preset driving preferences

Mattchew

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
There are over 1000 members on this group. If you think it would be a good idea to have the ability to preset the car to the way you like it, OPD, Regen braking, eco normal or sport etc. As opposed to having to set it up everytime you drive.Please sign the petition and we can then send it to all of the MG dealers and head office to hopefully get a much-needed software update.

NCAP 5 rating. this is the villain of the story. to maintain this 5 star... the settings are need to be auto to be in compliance.

In Indonesia, the IT guy told me, that we're going to get some of the driving convenience default off.
Especially the AEB front and back collision ....
Our natural instinct driving is better than the AI NCAP 5, when driving in Indonesia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lane keeping assistance is also unfit for most UK roads so should default to "off". Turning LKA off while driving is even more distracting than using a mobile phone.

Lane keeping assistance is also unfit for most UK roads so should default to "off". Turning LKA off while driving is even more distracting than using a mobile phone.

Which is why you switch it off before you set off. (Obvs👍🤣)
But you already knew that.
I find it can't cope with unlined country lanes but is fine everywhere else.

Petition signed 👍

I think the petition is poorly worded. The car must default to LKA on to maintain its 5 star ANCAP rating. I think your personal settings should be saved as the CUSTOM option and when you start the car it defaults to NORMAL (which has LKA on) and you then select CUSTOM with the programmable star button and your saved settings are all there.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back