Phone charge sockets speed.

BingBong

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, i installed dashcam that use the 12V cigarette socket so now i have to charge my phone with the USB. i noticed that the charging speed is very slow my S21U give me 3 hours from 50% to 100% instead of 30 min at the cigarette socket.

I tried the front USB A and C and also the rear USB A socket that should be only for charging and not related to the infotainment. original Samsung cables. Is this normal at the MG4? the USB charging is almost useless now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure the usb sockets only provide 5V, no fast charge support. Not sure about speed but max 15watt is my guess.

Consider a double adapter for the 12 V socket?
Yes, its cut the power and become slow
Pretty sure the usb sockets only provide 5V, no fast charge support. Not sure about speed but max 15watt is my guess.
I guess its not even 15W becuse the wireless charger is faster but the phone can easily fall from there

ISTR someone saying the rear one was even slower.

I drove #2 daughter back to Glasgow tonight, and plugged in my phone for AA/maps. Charge was ~42% when we set off. When I got home about 1 hour 10 minutes later the charge was about 72%, even though the screen was on (but dimmed) the whole time. Just under 30% charge in an hour seems OK to me. (Motorola Moto G8 Plus phone).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back