Plug in and Charge like Tesla - Possible with the MG5?

These were probably Tesla Destination chargers (7kW) and not Superchargers. Apparently if they have a red sign they are for tesla only, and if a white sign then they are for all EVs that can use a Type 2 plug. All Destination chargers are operated by the owners of the premesis, so they are responsible for whether they work or not.

The rollout of the Tesla Supercharger network to "all EVs" is happening slowly as a trial of just 10 stations in the Netherlands at first, and will will then expand to other countries on an as yet unannounced programme.

I think I have a hack for the Tesla destination chargers, but after buying a v2 charger and setting it to Tesla mode, I've found the car works on it just fine. I would suggest plugging in the car and not immediately locking it. Plug car in and wait for car to connect in its own time.

That said, I am looking for a location near London that I can test where others have had trouble to see if my adapter hack is necessary, which bypasses the entire process.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom