Pod point charge timer

Great. Let’s hope they get it sorted. Btw how did you get on when you spoke with them? Did they accept that they have an issue?
When I spoke to them today, they knew I had an issue with the timer, it didn't charge overnight, it wasn't until I got home and saw your post that I charged mine and it worked, leading me to the conclusion that it was the overnight charge failure, I will let them know tomorrow

Yes I am having the same problem, set up the timer for 00.30 and finish at 07.30 but, each time starts charging immediately I plug in and lock the car. I tried to set up the time for 23.30 and finish at 07.00 but it will not let me.

My overnight charge worked this time! Set at 6.30pm to charge between 00.30-04.30. It added the previous charges from yesterday to todays graph - so something is not right. Strange how it worked this time. Anyway it’s unreliable at best

Attachments

• 825A079E-432F-4EC3-87CD-1ABC3C3DFAE0.jpeg
    825A079E-432F-4EC3-87CD-1ABC3C3DFAE0.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 138
This is beginning to sound like my problem but with BP Chargmaster.
I offer my results that might point the way.
Not the same charger I know but sounds like the same kind of issue.
Good Luck.

My ZSev has allegedly all the latest software.

SUCCESS!

I managed to charge last night on the timer. It went like this...

I set a daily charge of two hours every night from 10:15 to 12:15. This I did at about noon, car not plugged in.

6:30pm Unlocked the car and lifted the charge port cover and relocked the car.

8:30pm plugged the car in, did not disturb car locks etc. No sound of the plug lock locking in.

At 10:21pm the car started charging schedule +6 minutes.
At 12:21 the car stopped charging as per schedule +6 minutes.
Unplugged the car this morning, plug lock still engaged.

It's only taken a year to find out how to do it.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same predicament. It seems the car is up to date with software and BP chargemaster charger has some inordinate delays built in.
Now to work on how long each delay is.

Steve

This is beginning to sound like my problem but with BP Chargmaster.
I offer my results that might point the way.
Not the same charger I know but sounds like the same kind of issue.
Good Luck.

My ZSev has allegedly all the latest software.

SUCCESS!

I managed to charge last night on the timer. It went like this...

I set a daily charge of two hours every night from 10:15 to 12:15. This I did at about noon, car not plugged in.

6:30pm Unlocked the car and lifted the charge port cover and relocked the car.

8:30pm plugged the car in, did not disturb car locks etc. No sound of the plug lock locking in.

At 10:21pm the car started charging schedule +6 minutes.
At 12:21 the car stopped charging as per schedule +6 minutes.
Unplugged the car this morning, plug lock still engaged.

It's only taken a year to find out how to do it.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same predicament. It seems the car is up to date with software and BP chargemaster charger has some inordinate delays built in.
Now to work on how long each delay is.

Steve
I set a timed charge at 4:45pm yesterday for 15 mins, it worked fine after charging had stopped I left the car plugged in podpoint showed a solid green light, presumably as I had a charge set for 00:30 until 2:30,got up this morning car had charged but also added charge to previous day, but at least it worked

I set a timed charge at 4:45pm yesterday for 15 mins, it worked fine after charging had stopped I left the car plugged in podpoint showed a solid green light, presumably as I had a charge set for 00:30 until 2:30,got up this morning car had charged but also added charge to previous day, but at least it worked
That’s exactly how mine performed. When the overnight charge previously failed I had not completed any charges on the previous day - not sure if this is related. Podpoint has an issue with the calendar, stats and timing. I don’t know what they’ve done because I had no issues for 3 weeks+ testing during beta!

That’s exactly how mine performed. When the overnight charge previously failed I had not completed any charges on the previous day - not sure if this is related. Podpoint has an issue with the calendar, stats and timing. I don’t know what they’ve done because I had no issues for 3 weeks+ testing during beta!

Totally agree! I set a charge for tomorrow night starting 11.00pm for 10 hours, finishing at 9.00am. Since then my Pod Point charger has displayed a solid green light but I've plugged in my car and it's not charging, so can presume it'll work on my scheduled charge.

My app has confirmed my scheduled charge start time tomorrow, so it all looks good.

For those using Pod Points, I think the easiest way to see if your scheduled charge will work will be to look at your light on your wallbox. If it's a solid green, and the app has your next scheduled charge time showing, I think it will work.

Can I ask those members who have Pod Points and are using scheduled charge times, to check what light is showing on their wallbox when they plug their cars in and to confirm with the membership, whether their scheduled charge times, worked please?

Hopefully, if we all collate our data, we can help prevent someone from waking up to an un-charged car! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy

Good idea! I’ve never checked my light. I’m not charging tonight but next time i’ll report back!

Out of interest - I noticed in the user manual that MG say to lock the car before plugging in the cable. Does anyone do this? It can’t be correct can it? Or does it matter? I’ve always locked the car after inserting the cable.

Attachments

• 6136D062-3DB7-4D9F-A191-2FDCE7DB4B17.jpeg
    6136D062-3DB7-4D9F-A191-2FDCE7DB4B17.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 121
Out of interest - I noticed in the user manual that MG say to lock the car before plugging in the cable. Does anyone do this? It can’t be correct can it? Or does it matter? I’ve always locked the car after inserting the cable.

Oooh! I'm like you on this one. I've never locked the car before starting the charge.

I might add this into the 'mix' for charging on a schedule and see if this makes any difference.

Cheers

Bloggsy

I don't lock the car first, in fact the opposite, I unlock the car first.
I think it also says that when you're using charging point that's not tethered, plug the cable into the charger first, which I don't.

Totally agree! I set a charge for tomorrow night starting 11.00pm for 10 hours, finishing at 9.00am. Since then my Pod Point charger has displayed a solid green light but I've plugged in my car and it's not charging, so can presume it'll work on my scheduled charge.

My app has confirmed my scheduled charge start time tomorrow, so it all looks good.

For those using Pod Points, I think the easiest way to see if your scheduled charge will work will be to look at your light on your wallbox. If it's a solid green, and the app has your next scheduled charge time showing, I think it will work.

Can I ask those members who have Pod Points and are using scheduled charge times, to check what light is showing on their wallbox when they plug their cars in and to confirm with the membership, whether their scheduled charge times, worked please?

Hopefully, if we all collate our data, we can help prevent someone from waking up to an un-charged car! ;)

Cheers

Bloggsy
Hi mine was still showing the solid green light after unplugging from another failed attempt at timed charge, it did charge but started as soon as I plugged in

I’ve just plugged my car in for an overnight charge (hopefully) - set 00.30-04.30 tomorrow. The status light on the charger was glowing green after i plugged in and locked the car. I will report back tomorrow!
btw I’ve had an email response from PodPoint - see what you think...
“Hello,
Thanks for getting in touch with the team. I hope all is well.
Thank you for your feedback! You’ve raised some vital points which I’ve passed on to the relevant team.
We’ll reflect on these points and take the appropriate measures to resolve this issue going forward.
I hope this helps and all the best,” 🧐

I’ve just plugged my car in for an overnight charge (hopefully) - set 00.30-04.30 tomorrow. The status light on the charger was glowing green after i plugged in and locked the car. I will report back tomorrow!
btw I’ve had an email response from PodPoint - see what you think...
“Hello,
Thanks for getting in touch with the team. I hope all is well.
Thank you for your feedback! You’ve raised some vital points which I’ve passed on to the relevant team.
We’ll reflect on these points and take the appropriate measures to resolve this issue going forward.
I hope this helps and all the best,” 🧐

Fab! I have a solid green light (nothing plugged in) and when I plugged in my car, the charger and car both made the usual clicks but didn't start to charge.

I have a timed charge starting at 11.30pm tonight and it looks good, so far. (y)

Cheers

Bloggsy

My charge worked overnight as programmed - which is great. Still no idea why it periodically fails though. I’ll always check the status light now and monitor how it goes.

When my ZS EV had it's first service recently they said it didn't need the BMS update as it had it last year when it had the Comfort 2 update. Surely this is incorrect as a full charge is still giving me 455 volts and not the lower figure that has been stated by many members. I also recently got the PodPoint app for timed charging but it doesn't seem to work. It starts to charge the minute I plug the car in and not delayed. Is there something in the latest BMS update that affects the timed charging? I thought I read somewhere that there was.
Any help from other members would be much appreciated.

When my ZS EV had it's first service recently they said it didn't need the BMS update as it had it last year when it had the Comfort 2 update. Surely this is incorrect as a full charge is still giving me 455 volts and not the lower figure that has been stated by many members. I also recently got the PodPoint app for timed charging but it doesn't seem to work. It starts to charge the minute I plug the car in and not delayed. Is there something in the latest BMS update that affects the timed charging? I thought I read somewhere that there was.
Does your car stop charging when you unlock your car, if so you are NOT up to date.

There’s quite a long explanation and we’re all still learning. I’ll try to summarise.

when updates are made there are many modules on the car that need updating separately - this is why we get anomalies where the updater may have missed off a module but ticked another - for example charging on AC unlocked needs a separate but linked update to be ticked.

the lastest bms has a top-end displayed voltage of around 450v and we were told all cars would eventually be given this as it helps to protect the battery pack at full charge (as well as updating the balancing issue and bad bms that some have had)

at 455v the good news is that you are unlikely to have the bad bms - but you obviously do not have the 450v bms update. I also have the 455v bms and have yet to have any updates.

timed charging;
again this is quite a detailed area. I have podpoint with the latest timed charging update to the app. My car does not charge unlocked on AC. Make sure that you’ve enabled the timed charging in the app and clicked save. When you plug in your car and lock it, it should only start to charge if the times that you have selected in the app are now live. Podpoint do have a known issue with overnight charging which they are looking at. If you disable timed charging in the app by deselecting save - your car should charger as normal when you plug in and lock.

i’ve only really scraped the surface with this overview - hope it helps 🙂

Thanks for all your help. I'll look into whether the car stops charging when the doors are unlocked.

Cocijo has summarised it well (y)

I also have the 455v BMS but can charge on AC when the doors are unlocked and, if you read the thread from the beginning, you'll see there's been some issues with the Pod Point timed charging.

I set a timed charge from 11.30pm last night until 9am this morning. When I plugged my car in, my wallbox was showing a steady green light (not flashing - in the manual, this is supposed to show the charger is charging but checking the car, the wallbox was not charging).

I've just checked and my timed charge worked and my car is fully charged. 😁 My app has put my energy usage against Wednesday rather than a bit on Wednesday and the rest on Thursday, which is interesting!

It looks to me that if your Pod Point wallbox is showing a solid green light but is not immediately charging your car, when it's plugged in, your next scheduled charge showing on your app, should work. Otherwise, you may need to unplug and put in your scheduled charge details again and give the wallbox a bit of time to connect with Pod Point 'central'.

I've asked some of the members who are using Pod Point to let us know what colour of lights are showing on their wallbox before and after their scheduled charge so we can, hopefully, get confirmation of my theory!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom