Podpoint and scheduled charging; app settings reverting

MGCamb

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Got a TrophyLR23 in early August and Podpoint installed days later. After initial 'getting to know the process' the scheduling process worked reasonably well but has been playing up in the last week or so. First the PodPoint is set to work between 0100hr and 0600hr - when the cheap rate is available. I go to Scheduled Charging in the app, type in the start time as being 0105 with the end time staying at the default 0600hr. Pressing save, I then put in my 4 digit code and get the success message at the bottom of the screen. I then do other things and return to the screen and find the settings have returned to 1000-0600hr default. I then re-set to the hours I want and save again - this time it is likely to not ask for the 4 digits but again I get a success message. Repeat. Last night I also checked the car and the schedule had been set to 0105-0600, it did not work but I woke at 3 and manually started the charging. I have been having the same issue tonight. Have rebooted phone, cleared cache, logged out and in and still the same. Anything else I could be doing?

Why are you scheduling on both Podpoint and car? If you have set the Podpoint to charge between 0100 and 0600, you can just set the car to charge, plug in and go. Nothing will happen till 1am, then it will start charging.

I have a Podpoint, and have done this in the past. However, I think there is a problem with dates, that is, you are plugging in the day before you are charging. I think I had to turn off the Podpoint for today (or schedule today as 0100 to 0600 as well as tomorrow) Otherwise it may start charging as soon as you plug in.

To avoid all this faffing about, I leave the Podpoint on permanently, and schedule using the car (NOT the app, I leave the app off). There are at least two threads that discuss these issues endlessly.

To avoid all this faffing about, I leave the Podpoint on permanently, and schedule using the car (NOT the app, I leave the app off). There are at least two threads that discuss these issues endlessly.
Yes I found some but no definitive answer. Will try this. It is now not saving but coming up with a comms error.

80% charged. Checking the Pp last night it was set to next start up on Monday at 0100hr - 6 days adrift so set to always on ( unscheduled/manual). Checked in the car and when I unlocked, it stated it was scheduled to charge at 0105 as required. Previous night there had been no message but the schedule was in the car settings. Left the App alone. Will not need to charge for a few days so will reset the Pp to auto and see if it keeps to schedule.

Last edited:
Just set the pod point schedule for 1:00 to 6:00 on every day (don't forget to save each day) then just set the SOC target in the car and the app to 80% or whatever level you require and plug the car in before you go to bed.
No need to set a schedule in the car, it will start charging when the pod point powers up at 1:00 and finish when the charge level reaches your set SOC target or at 6:00 when the pod point switches off.

Just set the pod point schedule for 1:00 to 6:00 on every day (don't forget to save each day) then just set the SOC target in the car and the app to 80% or whatever level you require and plug the car in before you go to bed.
No need to set a schedule in the car, it will start charging when the pod point powers up at 1:00 and finish when the charge level reaches your set SOC target or at 6:00 when the pod point switches off.
Will try. When something works intermittently it is more frustrating than when it does not work at all. Thought I had it sussed. Car not been out today so will try tomorrow :)

Son used the car last night and plugged it in without me knowing and it topped up to 80%. Had re-set PP on 'only use during cheap periods' which is where it had been. Looking at the app, scheduling appears now to be defaulted to on and 0105hr to 0600hr so that's good. Not sure how all this fell to bits.
The answer to the conundrum would appear to be less is more.
Let's see what happens when the clocks change. :)

Will try. When something works intermittently it is more frustrating than when it does not work at all. Thought I had it sussed. Car not been out today so will try tomorrow :)
It's best not to schedule both the car and the charger as they may conflict and not charge at all, use either one or the other.
If you prefer to use the car schedule then just turn off the schedules in the Pod Point and set the car to start charging at 1:00 (or thereabouts) and finish at 6:00.
I think it's because you are scheduling both that it's intermittently failing.

It's best not to schedule both the car and the charger as they may conflict and not charge at all, use either one or the other.
If you prefer to use the car schedule then just turn off the schedules in the Pod Point and set the car to start charging at 1:00 (or thereabouts) and finish at 6:00.
I think it's because you are scheduling both that it's intermittently failing.
Going off for a couple of months and my son will be at home with the car so schedule on PP would be the option as he can buy his own charge if he misses the timeframe :)
I will test all the options as best I can over the next few weeks as want to fully understand

Got a TrophyLR23 in early August and Podpoint installed days later. After initial 'getting to know the process' the scheduling process worked reasonably well but has been playing up in the last week or so. First the PodPoint is set to work between 0100hr and 0600hr - when the cheap rate is available. I go to Scheduled Charging in the app, type in the start time as being 0105 with the end time staying at the default 0600hr. Pressing save, I then put in my 4 digit code and get the success message at the bottom of the screen. I then do other things and return to the screen and find the settings have returned to 1000-0600hr default. I then re-set to the hours I want and save again - this time it is likely to not ask for the 4 digits but again I get a success message. Repeat. Last night I also checked the car and the schedule had been set to 0105-0600, it did not work but I woke at 3 and manually started the charging. I have been having the same issue tonight. Have rebooted phone, cleared cache, logged out and in and still the same. Anything else I could be doing?
Scrub round the Podpoint setting and just rely on car scheduled charging times - that's how we got round similar problems.

Or set the Pod Point schedule an hour earlier than the app so it's actually live when the app starts the charge because the Pod point schedule sometimes may actually not switch the charger on for up to 10 minutes after the scheduled time.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back