Poll: MG4 Warranty Experiences

What has been your dealer warranty experience with your MG4?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I think it is time after a year to survey dealer warranty experiences. Last time many people had not yet needed to visit the dealer, so hopefully the results will be more useful this time.

Please only vote if you have (or did have) an MG4.

If you've had multiple visits for multiple issues, please choose the worst of these experiences. That way we can see per-person what the common experience is, rather than those with lemons skewing the stats.

More than happy to create another poll to dig into how bad the lemons are, if that's useful.

Just got mine back from the dealer this morning. It's pouring, so I have not/am not going to crawl under the car to see how much if any difference they've made to the undertray at the moment.

Watch this space.

Please only vote if you have (or did have) an MG4.
😇

The unfortunate thing with your poll is apart from @bowfer everyone else that has rejected a car has left the forum, so won't be entirely reflective of the first year.

I can think of at least another 6 rejections and a member who rejected two cars.
If you could somehow vote on their behalf it would be more accurate.👍

😇

The unfortunate thing with your poll is apart from @bowfer everyone else that has rejected a car has left the forum, so won't be entirely reflective of the first year.

I can think of at least another 6 rejections and a member who rejected two cars.
If you could somehow vote on their behalf it would be more accurate.👍
That's always a limitation, a poll is simply a snapshot of those on the site at the time.

Equally there will be people with happy experiences who have either moved on from the site and/or onto their next car.

The poll is intended to reflect current experiences, early cars being rejected is less relevant to buyers now. Cars being rejected now show up in the forum threads too.

Be good to have some more votes for this, so we can get a better sample. It really will help to show newcomers what the typical experience is, so if you haven't voted, please do take the time time to. Thank you.

Hah. There's not been a dry enough spell for me to get under my car and see what they've managed to do with the undertray yet. I'm reserving my vote until I've done that.

Possible hugely good news in the restricted speed thread - Squirrelz said his garage have fixed the issue on his car.

These polls are best done as a snapshot, so we can understand what current experiences. We can run them again in the future. You can always change your vote, if circumstances change.

There's no formal closing date but this will fall off the front pages soon.

mmmm .. so currently 23.4%. (nearly a quarter) of respondents either in dispute or have rejected their cars. Seems high to me. Unfortunately I am still in dispute regarding Steering Wheel Vibration and my dealer is crap IMHO ... need to change to a better one

If you remove those that have had no issues at all that results in (currently) 44% either in dispute or have rejected their cars ... definitely seems high and what I expected with MG. They need to get their act together on after service IMHO or face losing repeat customers.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel