Possible Delivery of MG4 Cars

DelBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, Just been told by Howards of Weston Super Mare that my car is at sea! Having tracked all the ships from the port they are loaded (I think) the only ship I can find going through the Suez canal is 'TARIFA', I was told it would arrive in the UK around end of Feb. After checking the progress I believe this ship will arrive around 8th of Feb, then if it is held off Southampton on the NAB parking next to the IoW for a week or so then this takes the arrival date to around mid Feb, with customs this will be around end of Feb. Hope I'm right but this may need to be registered in March for the new number. Here's hoping

Hi, Just been told by Howards of Weston Super Mare that my car is at sea! Having tracked all the ships from the port they are loaded (I think) the only ship I can find going through the Suez canal is 'TARIFA', I was told it would arrive in the UK around end of Feb. After checking the progress I believe this ship will arrive around 8th of Feb, then if it is held off Southampton on the NAB parking next to the IoW for a week or so then this takes the arrival date to around mid Feb, with customs this will be around end of Feb. Hope I'm right but this may need to be registered in March for the new number. Here's hoping
Was told by my dealer that the MG delivery details had been updated and that my Trophy in white should be ready by the end of March, possibly a week or so earlier.
Perhaps mine is on the same ship.

if you dont mind me asking, when did you order your cars ?
How can your dealer be so sure of the location and date?

I ask as I ordered Red trophy back in sept 2022, just before official release dat of 1st October, The dealer I order from has been told by MG that they do not know where my order or car is.

Well I have just had a phone call from my dealer - North Bristol MG, part of Drive Vauxhall. I had bought an MG4 SE SR in white, paid £300 deposit on December 27th for the £25,950 price.
This morning, I had asked for a copy of the PCP Agreement because all I had been given was a signed copy of the New Vehicle Order paperwork.
He was trying to assure me that the car would be delivered by March. But that if it is not, I could have my deposit back.
I told him that I didn't want my deposit back and he then said that if the car is not delivered by March, MG would need to apply the later pricing conditions.

So. My question is to those in the same situation as me:
HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO GET THEIR DEALER TO KEEP TO THE AGREED SALE PRICE CONDITIONS WHEN DELIVERY OF THEIR MG4 CAME OVER THE THREE MONTHS FROM VEHICLE SALE ?

I take it you mean list price,, PCP Apr and trade in value.

The list price should be honoured.
The trade in depends on individual dealers, certainly the one I ordered from wouldn't guarantee by PX value.

Apr seems to be dictated by the small print, as has been said MG finance is run by Santander. It would be interesting to know what if any influence MG have over this as Santander could basically force everyone beyond the 3 month period onto a higher rate.

I have had a call saying that MG cannot find my car, despite having the order from 29th September, PCP signed, PX price agreed . I have been assured that these will not change and I will not get hit for the £1000 price increase, Dealer is trying to sort this out, but being realistic not expecting it till March. This will mean it would have been a 6 month wait, which is what we had to wait for our Skoda Yeti.
I am waiting for the dealers customer service detail so I can push them .

I take it you mean list price,, PCP Apr and trade in value.

The list price should be honoured.
The trade in depends on individual dealers, certainly the one I ordered from wouldn't guarantee by PX value.

Apr seems to be dictated by the small print, as has been said MG finance is run by Santander. It would be interesting to know what if any influence MG have over this as Santander could basically force everyone beyond the 3 month period onto a higher rate.
Yes Leni, that is exactly what I was referring to. Thank you.

Well I have just had a phone call from my dealer - North Bristol MG, part of Drive Vauxhall. I had bought an MG4 SE SR in white, paid £300 deposit on December 27th for the £25,950 price.
This morning, I had asked for a copy of the PCP Agreement because all I had been given was a signed copy of the New Vehicle Order paperwork.
He was trying to assure me that the car would be delivered by March. But that if it is not, I could have my deposit back.
I told him that I didn't want my deposit back and he then said that if the car is not delivered by March, MG would need to apply the later pricing conditions.

HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO GET THEIR DEALER TO KEEP TO THE AGREED SALE PRICE CONDITIONS WHEN DELIVERY OF THEIR MG4 CAME OVER THE THREE MONTHS FROM VEHICLE SALE ?
There was a big thing made by most dealers to get your order in before the price increase and in doing so beat the uplift in list price (I dropped a speculative deposit on this basis).
So it would seem a big contradiction if the list price prior to increase was not honoured. But who knows? I would guess legally the dealer does not have to sell you the car anyway.

There was a big thing made by most dealers to get your order in before the price increase and in doing so beat the uplift in list price (I dropped a speculative deposit on this basis).
So it would seem a big contradiction if the list price prior to increase was not honoured. But who knows? I would guess legally the dealer does not have to sell you the car anyway.
Yes indeed.
But in my case, the dealer has told me that he has recently sold 'many tens of MG4' and is 'very optimistic' that they will be delivered within the 3 months, as of course he doesn't want to disappoint them.

The big thing in all this would appear to be the Apr rate, there was another member mentioned there dealer saying their rate would rise

The big thing in all this would appear to be the Apr rate, there was another member mentioned there dealer saying their rate would rise
Wasn't that due to the dealer not applying for an extension with Santander before the 3months was up?

Not sure, you might be right

I definitely don't think they should be able to bump up the list price after 3 months. There are a lot of members waiting or have waited longer than that without the price rising

On the opposite side - if you’ve recently took delivery of a M3 or MY I bet you’re well p’d off!

On the opposite side - if you’ve recently took delivery of a M3 or MY I bet you’re well p’d off!
Absolutely, sold 16000 in the last few months at the higher price, they have just tanked those owners used values

I definitely don't think they should be able to bump up the list price after 3 months. There are a lot of members waiting or have waited longer than that without the price rising
Hopefully that will be the case. I am more concerned about the agreed PCP APR, because that is provided through Santander. And these finance companies are very strict on their terms and conditions.
I am hopeful that the dealer will honour the vehicle sale price and my existing car trade in value.
But I will just have to wait and see what happens.

For anyone in the Republic of Ireland - we put down a deposit on 29/12/22 and have been told that our Long Range model is expected to be delivered in April.

Last edited:
if you dont mind me asking, when did you order your cars ?
How can your dealer be so sure of the location and date?

I ask as I ordered Red trophy back in sept 2022, just before official release dat of 1st October, The dealer I order from has been told by MG that they do not know where my order or car is.
I ordered mine (Red Trophy) in Sept 22. The booking systems stated it was at sea a couple of days ago

I ordered mine from MG Bridgend and have it in writing that they would honour the price that was given when I ordered and paid the deposit (October 22)

I've just seen 2 transporters dropping off at Glyn Hopkin East London first thing this morning. From what I could see there were no MG4's being delivered at all . All Hs's and ZS's

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 542 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back