Possible Delivery of MG4 Cars

I have been tracking ships, the next one I can see is, 'Durban Highway' just departed from Shangei and is due into Portbury on the 23rd Feb, it is initially showing Singapore as a destination but that is just a waypoint. Hope this helps

Was told by my dealer that the MG delivery details had been updated and that my Trophy in white should be ready by the end of March, possibly a week or so earlier.
Perhaps mine is on the same ship.
I have also been told that I can expect delivery some time in March, trophy in white

I have been tracking ships, the next one I can see is, 'Durban Highway' just departed from Shangei and is due into Portbury on the 23rd Feb, it is initially showing Singapore as a destination but that is just a waypoint. Hope this helps
I've been told mine is arriving at Portbury on the 28th February which looks like it's arriving on the Oregon Highway which I think is on it's way to Singapore before heading to Shanghai to load up.

Well I have just had a phone call from my dealer - North Bristol MG, part of Drive Vauxhall. I had bought an MG4 SE SR in white, paid £300 deposit on December 27th for the £25,950 price.
This morning, I had asked for a copy of the PCP Agreement because all I had been given was a signed copy of the New Vehicle Order paperwork.
He was trying to assure me that the car would be delivered by March. But that if it is not, I could have my deposit back.
I told him that I didn't want my deposit back and he then said that if the car is not delivered by March, MG would need to apply the later pricing conditions.

So. My question is to those in the same situation as me:
HAS ANYONE MANAGED TO GET THEIR DEALER TO KEEP TO THE AGREED SALE PRICE CONDITIONS WHEN DELIVERY OF THEIR MG4 CAME OVER THE THREE MONTHS FROM VEHICLE SALE ?
I would say that your dealer is trying it on. When you signed your order form there should be a price that you and the dealer have agreed. That is the price you'll pay. If the spec of the car has changed massively due to production constraints the dealer could ask whether you would accept these changes and the 'new' price or the option to cancel your order. I ordered 3 vans 18 months ago (for work) from Nissan that I'm still waiting for but my price is agreed and that's what I'll be paying.

I ordered my Trophy 4 in early October 22 from Richmond in Portsmouth (although for full disclosure I'd ordered a ZS back in July) . I picked it up before the end of December. They said that they were the biggest MG dealer in the country and got preferential delivery & I guess that they were telling the truth. Thoroughly recommend them (& my salesman Sam) if anyone is looking for a quick delivery.

I would say that your dealer is trying it on. When you signed your order form there should be a price that you and the dealer have agreed. That is the price you'll pay. If the spec of the car has changed massively due to production constraints the dealer could ask whether you would accept these changes and the 'new' price or the option to cancel your order. I ordered 3 vans 18 months ago (for work) from Nissan that I'm still waiting for but my price is agreed and that's what I'll be paying.
Thank you for this.
I don't believe that the new vehicle order price will change. It could be the PCP that could be in question.

I don't see how they can change your PCP deal nobody else has had this happen or been told this and many have waited over 3 months. It is all Santander finance, so same rules for everyone, I genuinely think your dealer is at it

I don't see how they can change your PCP deal nobody else has had this happen or been told this and many have waited over 3 months. It is all Santander finance, so same rules for everyone, I genuinely think your dealer is at it
That is my view and I will obviously take that stance as and when delivery is due. Thank you.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back