Post shopping

k2000

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Had my MG4 Trophy a couple of days now.

Went to the shops and back for first time in it and I was stuck not knowing what to do whe I got back!
Normally, I would switch off the car, get out and get the shopping from the boot or back seats.
I got out the car closed the door and it was still playing music and air con blowing etc and ready to drive.
Should I go into the screen and switch off? (bit long winded) or do I lock the car then re-open it? or just leave it running with air con,music etc using battery ? while I get the shopping out.
What does everyone else do?

A second question is that after I took the shopping out and got back in car to drive into garage it wouldn't let me drive 5 yards without seat belt on!
Previous cars would make a noise if speed got over a few mph but just crawling into garage seems a bit much to not let you move at all without the seat belt on.
Is there a way around this?

If all my shopping is in the boot, I lock the car with the door button to turn everything off. The boot will still open if you have the key on you (which fooled my wife to begin with when she locked the car and then checked it was locked by trying the boot!). If there's stuff on the back seat I'll get that out before locking.

As for the second question, I don't know as mine drives without the seat belt and sounds an alarm.

Same sort of thing with mine, but sometimes you do not need the seat belt and sometimes you do. I haven't worked out the sequence yet . Its a bit awkward when trying to get it up on car ramps on your own, when you want to know how far forwards you still need to go.

Same sort of thing with mine, but sometimes you do not need the seat belt and sometimes you do. I haven't worked out the sequence yet . Its a bit awkward when trying to get it up on car ramps on your own, when you want to know how far forwards you still need to go.
Just tried backing car out of garage onto drive then drove it back in all without seat belt! so don't know what it is up to?
Will have to try and figure out why or how.

I find the radio is a good prompt for me to remember to lock the car. If I mute it before I get out I'm more likely to walk off leaving the car unlocked.

I don't really understand the seat belt thing. Usually the car lets me drive off without fastening it, but once when I was in a hand car wash and unfastened it to get my handbag from the back seat to pay, I couldn't move forward when waved on until I fastened the belt. Not even on creep to the next station.

Another annoyance is that the car won't budge an inch with the driver's door open. Sometimes that's the best way to make sure you're properly parallel with a kerb or in a parking bay.

I have a very early version, I must had got used to the characterisitcs, but can jump in to drivers seat, and select drive way before the screens boot up to say ready. I always put on seat belt, but on the drive I think it still lets me move without belting up if im just moving car to be near the charger (just the same an an ICE car) - only once did it have a brain fart in traffic, that it just wouldn't move, but i just put my hazzads on (with hand out of window!), and the traffic behind were very good, in that i just opened the door, lifted my bumb on the drivers seat, hit the brake peddle and moved off (about 20-30 seconds at most!) - only once and not had it since.

Yes, I always have it on.
I haven't used auto hold yet on the 4, but if it's the same as the ZS, it wouldn't let you drive with no belt on or a door not shut properly, if it defaults to off that may explain why you could do later.

Just tried backing car out of garage onto drive then drove it back in all without seat belt! so don't know what it is up to?
Will have to try and figure out why or how.
Just happened to me again! but this time, I found that pressing the handbrake down (not pull up) it allowed me to drive into the garage without my seatbelt on.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back