Post your MG ZS EV battery SOH data please

I made a telephone call with my garage about this trick and they said the battery heating is switching on then. I can hardly believe this. Has anyone heard of this?
The regular way of extra balancing should be: just park the car and put in in the “ready” mode. Then it should start balancing with 1 mV per hour.
Vmax minus Vmin is 65 mV in my car, so it should take 65 hours.
But the garage said this is not necessary as long it not exceeds 100 mV.
Hi John,

I'm 100% sure the batteryheating is not switching on. Why would it heat the battery at the end of the charge 🤣 Like in the screenshot of August 13 2021. It was between 21 and 16 °C. That would cause a major disaster with all the MG ZS EV's if you ask me.

So It is the bms doing it's battery balance thing. It is exactly the same diagram as at the end of a full charge. You should see this too in your app if you have the latest bms software.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220110-173430_myenergi.jpg
    Screenshot_20220110-173430_myenergi.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
17600km
SOH still shown as 100%

I've been careful with charging these last months, only going over 90% if I have a long trip planned immediately after, only one balance charge in the last 3 months or so

Did I jinx it with my last message?

17950km
SOH dropped to 99.55% today

It dropped during regular charging (or driving), not during balancing (which I rarely do)

report from China. Shanghai.

SOH = 97%

Mileage = 2092 miles (3347KM)

Rapid charging = Never

Car Age = 3 months

Charge to 100% = always , 457V

GOM = 203 miles (325KM) this range figure is in NEDC measuremennt, not in WLTP.

Last edited:
SOH - I have no means of measuring.
Mileage - Almost 14,000 miles.
Car registered - 6th Jan 2020 ( about 18 months old ) .
Rapid charges - 4 splash and dash charges only.
Charged to 100% - More recent after receiving BMS update, but only about 10 - 15%.
Present GOM reading after a full charge & balance - 155 / 156 miles ( trips reset / Default mode ).
If you want to get a dongle and App to read SOH, check out our video here with ours

This is getting slightly scary now, seeing the speed with which it drops:
19640km, SOH 97.14%.
Here it started to drop at exact one year of use of the car (1 july 2021, 9000 Km)
I think the MG is having some grace margin, maybe SoH is 105% when it is new, but always displaying 100%.
When it is below 100% it is dropping every month.
The last tree months it is dropping about 0,2% every 20 days.
Now, today SoH is 96,57% @ 15183 Km, one year and 8 months in use.
So about 3% drop in 8 months (1 juli 2021 untill now)
Actually not so happy with it, because many people still have 99% at this age.
Please can you send me your difference in cell voltage (my car 67 mV), just for knowing if this is related to degradation.

I think the MG is having some grace margin, maybe SoH is 105% when it is new, but always displaying 100%.

Yes, that's the impression I get too.

Let's see how it continues. All my drops are documented in this thread. There was nothing in between and I'm fairly certain I noticed almost right away.

Please can you send me your difference in cell voltage (my car 67 mV), just for knowing if this is related to degradation.

My cell voltage differences are very small. When fully charged and balanced only 13 or 14mV. I don't usually charge full (hoping to extend life, but doesn't seem like it), right now it's 90% charged (big trip planned tomorrow, and I prefer to charge from my solar, so not over night), and the cell difference is 16mV.

My cell voltage differences are very small. When fully charged and balanced only 13 or 14mV. I don't usually charge full (hoping to extend life, but doesn't seem like it), right now it's 90% charged (big trip planned tomorrow, and I prefer to charge from my solar, so not over night), and the cell difference is 16mV.
13 mV is very nice, 100 mV max is allowed MG confirmed.
I think (and hope) cell difference below this value of 100 mV is not causing degradation.
I also only charge to 80% and 1 to 4 100% for balancing.
I think driving much small distances an kicking on accelerating like me is not so good for battery health.:)

13 mV is very nice, 100 mV max is allowed MG confirmed.
I think (and hope) cell difference below this value of 100 mV is not causing degradation.
I also only charge to 80% and 1 to 4 100% for balancing.
I think driving much small distances an kicking on accelerating like me is not so good for battery health.:)
I've only done 3,900 miles in 20 months, my cell difference is somewhere between 40 and 50mV and SOH is still showing as 100%.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom