Being in the land of Oz, we have a climate that oscillates between 40+deg summers and Winter nights down to -5 (and below) , will be interesting to see what effect the nights will have.
Interested in anyone’s experience of frosty morning drives as that is probably the main cold weather we experience.

hi
I have a standard MG4 , and I registered that my consumption is rocket high compare to test. In average 26 - 28 Kwh/100 km
Is this as expected ?
Temperature around -5 C
Here in Australia we don’t get those crazy low temperatures, so no issues achieving the WLTP ranges in normal conditions. However, what does reduce the range (quite considerably) is motorway driving. Clearly a lot more battery power is need to push the car along at 110 km/h than at 60 around town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in the land of Oz, we have a climate that oscillates between 40+deg summers and Winter nights down to -5 (and below) , will be interesting to see what effect the nights will have.
Interested in anyone’s experience of frosty morning drives as that is probably the main cold weather we experience.
Should have prefaced my earlier remarks with the disclaimer I live in Queensland. Days below 0 degrees can occur but very infrequently and only for a handful of days over winter. Also I live near the ocean (Gold Coast) so even frosty mornings are a rarity.

Should have prefaced my earlier remarks with the disclaimer I live in Queensland. Days below 0 degrees can occur but very infrequently and only for a handful of days over winter. Also I live near the ocean (Gold Coast) so even frosty mornings are a rarity.
at -5 you will see it reaches 20-25kwh/100km. And if you do a lot of short distances, 25+ kwh is no surprise. At longer distances it could dip under 20.
Of course, epending on the circumstances: sunny or snowy, windy.

I usually dress warm under these circumstances. So the heating is still fairly low. Say 20 degrees. With those outside temperatures, most of the time humidity is low so you will quickly have clean view. But if you cranck the T up to 28 degrees, don't set your hopes too high. It will max out.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 505 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back