• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Power Tailgate install

Any fuse on the 12v permanent as shown in the photo. Just plug it in and test or get a multi meter on them but I think they are all permanent live on that row.
thanks for the confirmation.
how to run the power cable from back to front?
I'm thinking to run wires via the roof liner.

Honestly, it's a nice feature to have and it's a bit of a show off thing a little bit.

If I had to recommended it, probably not for the price and the hassle to install it.
thanks for the feedback...i think it would be a "nice to have" as you say, but at the price, and the likelihood of me getting someone to fit it i think i'll get some nice alloys instead!

I ran mine down the side of the headliner and door seals. Found a earth in the tailgate to save running another wire.
Wonder if I could pick your brain on the power tailgate kit install please cbowen? Got one from Aliexpress too but the wiring diagram isn't that great so I was wondering if you had to make a connection to the central locking? The diagram shows a yellow connecting to the b-pillar but doesn't really say what to look for at the b-pillar? Any help much appreciated - thanks, L.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229_114426_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240229_114426_Chrome.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 30
Wonder if I could pick your brain on the power tailgate kit install please cbowen? Got one from Aliexpress too but the wiring diagram isn't that great so I was wondering if you had to make a connection to the central locking? The diagram shows a yellow connecting to the b-pillar but doesn't really say what to look for at the b-pillar? Any help much appreciated - thanks, L.
Hi. I don't remember that. I only had to connect the wire up to the boot latch switch. This told the car the tailgate button or keyfob had been pressed.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom