Pre Heat Issues

pgreen73

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So, I am interested to hear from the collective...

Have any of you suffered from issues when trying to Pre-Heat?

I can Pre-Heat the cabin when the car is plugged in and charging, but crucially I cannot Pre-Heat when the car is not plugged in? I get a failure to execute. Code 47. I have the latest software on my phone and also R46 on the head unit, giving me the latest HVAC screen. I have also recently stopped getting emails from the car when there are issues and only get texts. Therefore I am unable to unbind the car as it wants to send a code via email?

If any of you have experienced this and have had this fixed, please let me know and what the fix was.

That's a common issue, with both SE and Trophy models. Some people have been lucky and found it worked OK when plugged in but not charging (mostly Trophy owners as it happens), but a significant majority have the same issue.

I also had this issue, but the latest software updates have resolved it for me.

I have the same issue. Original trophy model. I have latest updates on car and app. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, totally random.

I'm on R33 and have been since I bought the car last year.
I've never been able to charge when plugged in and not charging.
Yesterday my car went for 4 updates, this didn't include the infotainment as I'm still on R33
I tested the preheat last night, plugged in and not charging and it worked.
So it seem that an update to something solved the problem.

I'm on R33 and have been since I bought the car last year.
I've never been able to charge when plugged in and not charging.
Yesterday my car went for 4 updates, this didn't include the infotainment as I'm still on R33
I tested the preheat last night, plugged in and not charging and it worked.
So it seem that an update to something solved the problem.
did it start charging too? That's what mine seems to do now - certainly if it stopped charging due to a schedule then turning on preheat starts charging and turns preheat on. I'm not sure what happens if charging stopped because it reached a set limit 80%

did it start charging too? That's what mine seems to do now - certainly if it stopped charging due to a schedule then turning on preheat starts charging and turns preheat on. I'm not sure what happens if charging stopped because it reached a set limit 80%
Yes it did. I though I must have caught the start charge button while trying it out, but obviously not.
My car was charged to 80% but when it started charging the limit had jumped to 100%

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back