pecker

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Help please,

Is there anyway to stop the car from pulling electric from the charger rather than the battery when the car is plugged in.

Ideally I don’t want the car pulling from the charger when pre heating.

Thank you

I have observed my charger starting up when the car is set to pre-heat and connected to the charger. So it would seem that although it is drawing from the HV battery it is also re-charging at the same time.

I thought it would ONLY pre-heat if the car was plugged in and actively charging? When did that change?
Some cars were already able to do it. Mine can now do it after the latest updates.

Help please,

Is there anyway to stop the car from pulling electric from the charger rather than the battery when the car is plugged in.

Ideally I don’t want the car pulling from the charger when pre heating.

Thank you
Most people would want the opposite - they'd rather preheat the car from the home supply rather than reduce range of the battery. However I can understand this being an issue for people with a time-of-day tariff.

Some cars were already able to do it. Mine can now do it after the latest updates.

Most people would want the opposite - they'd rather preheat the car from the home supply rather than reduce range of the battery. However I can understand this being an issue for people with a time-of-day tariff.

That's exactly the problem, I have an 8p per kwh tariff between 12-5am and I generally leave for work at 5.40am, not a major issue though.

I will try setting up the schedule in the charger rather than the car and see if that resolves the issue.

I can but I’m currently setting the schedule times in the car, I guess I can try just scheduling the charger.
You could do both. Schedule the charger ‘not’ to charge between those times when you want to preheat. Then the schedule in the car will take care of the rest.

I don't suppose you could change your user name perchance?
Everytime I see pecker, I think of a tiny penis.
And NO! @Ian Key
It's not bloody mine.👍🤣

And my car's name makes you think of the Taliban. I think you should just stop this free-associating thing you've got going.

Update, For anyone interested letting the charger manage the charging times worked perfectly, I have been able to pre heat this morning without the car pulling from the charger.

Every penny counts :)

Win, win

Last edited:
I don't suppose you could change your user name perchance?
Everytime I see pecker, I think of a tiny penis.
And NO! @Ian Key
It's not bloody mine.👍🤣
And my car's name makes you think of the Taliban. I think you should just stop this free-associating thing you've got going.
I agree @Rolfe, @Bricktop X PWR needs help but it's beyond our pay grade so we're stuck with him. I'm just thankful I don't read a capital B as a P 😁

Is that where they get you to play hide and seek and then leave you to it and they "disappear" down the pub? 🤣

Nope.
It's where I get to play let's pop up to Derby.
Ask one of my 'friends' if he could just pop MG04TRO into his computer.
Then at a time of my choosing, put on a private magic show.

Oh, and it's not the pub it's the Naafi.🤣🤣🤣

I only use the charger schedule for times and the target battery level (80% or 100% etc) in the car or app. that way the car can't draw power outside of my scheduled off peak times.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back