Preheat Cabin & Battery Not Working

sf73

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hey.
Had my SE SR since September 2022. Cabin preheating has worked most of the time, but now it’s refusing which given this week’s weather is beyond frustrating.

Is the issue with cabin preheating not working when the car is plugged in but not charging still a thing?

Also noticed when the car’s plugged in but not charging trying to turn on battery preheat manually in the App results in a “Battery Pack Preheating failure” message (or similar).

Is the fix for both cabin and battery preheating the same? In other words, if the car’s plugged in, make sure the charger is scheduled “on”?

I have never been able to get my car to pre-heat while plugged in but not charging, however owners of SE models who have had the recent updates (I think this isn't the infotainment update but something else applied at the same time) say the problem has been cured. If you haven't had the relevant update then I think you'll still have the problem.

I have been pre-heating my car (not plugged in) frequently over the past few days and it has worked every time. Just once I had to unlock/lock it with the key fob first because it had gone to sleep, but after I did that, it worked immediately.

Preheat whilst plugged in not charging now works for me after the recent updates at my first annual service. 1100R33 Infotainment was applied at that time, but other updates were too. As @Rolfe says it'll be one of the other updates which has fixed this. (See my 1100R33 thread for more details of the updates).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back