Priority Orders

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Just turned 62 , thanks for all the good greetings, what you forgot. Getting old gets you thinking, I,ve only got about 200 months left and I,m going to have to wait 8 months or 4% of my remaining time waiting for delivery of my MG4.
So what I,m proposing is that all MG dealers should when putting in orders to SAIC could attach an age code which over an arbitrary age say 62 puts us at the head of the build/delivery list because of the time left to us the earlier the better , our deterioration is exponential.
If the Chinese value their elderly and not like us, hiding them in old folks homes, municipal parks and the House of Lords then I,m sure they might put some credence into this request.
As a bonus they could supply fully fitted vinyl seat covers with removable washable seat pads for those dribbly moments when public charging but nowhere near a loo. This would be advantageous for MG mechanics from a health and safety point of view when working under the dash and their faces are buried in the seating areas.
I can see the horizon approaching where knives and forks are replaced by spoons and I,m searching the internet for one of those visors as worn by Jordi in Star Trek next generation, which might stop me driving off the road and ending up in a fireball of NCM and lithium. Being older makes you more arrogant so I,ll still be turning off LKA. I might need to readjust those 4% figures.
Any one under this age limit..... hang on be patient one day this will be you. I commend this proposal to the house.

Just turned 62 , thanks for all the good greetings, what you forgot. Getting old gets you thinking, I,ve only got about 200 months left and I,m going to have to wait 8 months or 4% of my remaining time waiting for delivery of my MG4.
So what I,m proposing is that all MG dealers should when putting in orders to SAIC could attach an age code which over an arbitrary age say 62 puts us at the head of the build/delivery list because of the time left to us the earlier the better , our deterioration is exponential.
If the Chinese value their elderly and not like us, hiding them in old folks homes, municipal parks and the House of Lords then I,m sure they might put some credence into this request.
As a bonus they could supply fully fitted vinyl seat covers with removable washable seat pads for those dribbly moments when public charging but nowhere near a loo. This would be advantageous for MG mechanics from a health and safety point of view when working under the dash and their faces are buried in the seating areas.
I can see the horizon approaching where knives and forks are replaced by spoons and I,m searching the internet for one of those visors as worn by Jordi in Star Trek next generation, which might stop me driving off the road and ending up in a fireball of NCM and lithium. Being older makes you more arrogant so I,ll still be turning off LKA. I might need to readjust those 4% figures.
Any one under this age limit..... hang on be patient one day this will be you. I commend this proposal to the house.
Sooooo young, I’m 63 and picked up my hearing aid today. Maybe get your order in for a Zimmer frame and stair lift now…

Sooooo young, I’m 63 and picked up my hearing aid today. Maybe get your order in for a Zimmer frame and stair lift now…
Old at 63? Your barely children. Not going to reveal my age but I have a good few years on you both and I still consider myself a youngster, although a youngster waiting for his hip replacement. 😊 . Hope my MG4 arrives soon, I'm starting to struggle to get into my MGTF when the roof is up.

What has accepting people in monasteries got to do with MG4...oh wait...what's that darling...it's says priority not priory? ohhh sorry should have put my glasses on but when I bent down to pick up my hearing aid I put my back out and can't reach my specs....

I can only hope this is a light-hearted post and you've got a bit of a dark sense of humour. If not then how about us younger people get priority instead who probably contribute the most carbon as we need a car for work and often have to commute higher miles as we can't afford to always buy houses close to where we work or get a free travel card to get us about.

The MG4 Senior Edition needs a Thermos flask holder instead of cup holders. It needs a tartan travel rug across the back seat, an extra large ash tray to hold mint imperials and an ejector type seat that tilts and swivels. Oh and extra large font for all the dials and messages. All driver aids would default to off as us oldies know how to drive without nanny MG steering and braking for us.

The MG4 Senior Edition needs a Thermos flask holder instead of cup holders. It needs a tartan travel rug across the back seat, an extra large ash tray to hold mint imperials and an ejector type seat that tilts and swivels. Oh and extra large font for all the dials and messages. All driver aids would default to off as us oldies know how to drive without nanny MG steering and braking for us.
And automatic scent spray with dettol to meet NCAP regulations Niff's Cleansed And Perfumed

And an analogue speedometer, traditional fuel gauge, clutch, floor mounted transmission shifter.
The "Driver Aids" would be dispensed as pills and medicine plus useful "Have you disabled LKA?" signage.

At 71 am looking forward to my sporty Trophy MG4😊
And an analogue speedometer, traditional fuel gauge, clutch, floor mounted transmission shifter.
The "Driver Aids" would be dispensed as pills and medicine plus useful "Have you disabled LKA?" signage.
What about a starting handle? Always good to have a back up plan🤣

Love it. I already have the Tartan rug. Was given it as part of my retirement package. Prefer Werthers Original to Mint Imperials though. Who needs a Thermos? I fully intend to use the V2L to boil a kettle and make myself a cup of tea when I park up at the beach.

Maybe instead you should just be banned from placing orders altogether - as there's a much higher likelihood that you'll be dead long before delivery, plus you'll have a much shorter time to use the car should it be delivered "in time" - much less efficient than normal from a wait:use time perspective ;)

Maybe instead you should just be banned from placing orders altogether - as there's a much higher likelihood that you'll be dead long before delivery, plus you'll have a much shorter time to use the car should it be delivered "in time" - much less efficient than normal from a wait:use time perspective ;)
Or perhaps us oldies should get the car first because we're usually cash buyers and are not bothered by taking the depreciation hit enabling you youngsters to get a cheaper well looked after car.

I can only hope this is a light-hearted post and you've got a bit of a dark sense of humour. If not then how about us younger people get priority instead who probably contribute the most carbon as we need a car for work and often have to commute higher miles as we can't afford to always buy houses close to where we work or get a free travel card to get us about.
Manchester eh! and whats wrong with the metrolink? Low carbon ,electric and it goes to Bury, you could inform me of the latest news of Gigg Lane and the Shakers , still got the shirt. There,s no humour blacker than that. Back of the queue youngster.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back