Problem with Octopus and an Ohme charger

Mike SOS

Established Member
Reaction score
I am quite disappoint with Octopus who will not help me in sort out the problems with Ohme charger. Ohme is also no help too. Where I turn to next is anybody guest.

The company who install the Ohme charger saying the charger is owned by someone else? Therefore can not link it into the Octopus overnight rate, 7.5 kW for six hours. They have found Ohme company is impossible to connect with. So what I do next, change the meter may be and who will pay for that to?

Last edited by a moderator:
The company who install the Ohme charger saying the charger is owned by someone else? Therefore can not link it into the Octopus overnight rate, 7.5 kwh for six hours. They have found Ohme company is impossible to connect with. So what I do next, change the meter may be and who will pay for that to?
Are they saying the Ohme is already linked to an account?
Was it bought second hand? if so contact the previous owner to remove it from their account.

The meter was a brand new unit install a year ago but never used for the first year, as I was using free charging from Tesco and Iidl. As they charge now I decided to take up Octopus overnight offer. Who have been no help as MG is not listed on there system, which they fail to inform me before joining the company. The company whom install is a well know registered local and did supply a Certificate of Compliance for the work. But have found the meter is not registered to me.

You need to take that up with the installer/ohme. I. Had similar with my EO mini as the installer had left a cable off and had trouble getting it online and managed to accidentally register it to their own account, was sorted after a bit of harrasment to both parties.

Sounds like you signed up with intelligent octopus. It will still give you x hours cheap rate overnight, if you have a newer mg use the in car timer to make use of that whilst you get the ohme issue resolved.

Sounds like you signed up with intelligent octopus. It will still give you x hours cheap rate overnight, if you have a newer mg use the in car timer to make use of that whilst you get the ohme issue resolved.
They wont be able to, the sign up process requires a test charge to be done under Octopus control, the MG isn't compatible so the charger has to be one on the list which the Ohme is but they need to be able to access the Ohme charger to set schedules etc, the OP stattes it's linked to a.n.other account, until thats sorted Octopus wont be able to progress his order.

The meter was a brand new unit install a year ago but never used for the first year, as I was using free charging from Tesco and Iidl.
Your meter wasnt used for a year? do you mean your wallbox (charger)?

As they charge now I decided to take up Octopus overnight offer. Who have been no help as MG is not listed on there system, which they fail to inform me before joining the company.
Octopus clearly state the requirements for Octopus Intelligent during the transfer, you can even check compatibility online before making a move. Either the car or the wallbox need to be compatible, MG wont release their API so Octopus cant do anything with the car due to circumstances beyond their control. I feel youre being a little unjust to Octopus here.

The company whom install is a well know registered local and did supply a Certificate of Compliance for the work. But have found the meter is not registered to me.
You need to get them back to register your wallbox correctly.

I shall be back on to the installer company tomorrow. I have sent an email to Ohme, to check out the serial number if is a new unit to.

I am quite disappoint with Octopus who will not help me in sort out the problems with Ohme charger. Ohme is also no help too. Where I turn to next is anybody guest.

Join this FB Group, excellent advice and the must read section will probably sort you out

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231104_112846_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231104_112846_Facebook.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 73
Join this FB Group, excellent advice and the must read section will probably sort you out
totally agree. The admin on this group really know their stuff and have been able to answer all of my questions. It is all so easy now.
However you must read their 'featured posts and videos' before you post a question as they tend to answer the same questions all of the time and they get a little miffed.

I have octopus intelligent and an ohm charger mg zs lr . it was installed by octopus and the installer couldn’t be more helpful and checked everything worked as it should before leaving even put a longer cable in from the unit so I can reach the car if it’s parked further away , ( couple of cars on my drive)

After a month of frustration dealing with Ohme, the company who install the unit and Octopus got the overnight charge sort out. It all boil down to one letter was missing on my email address on the meter. Once's corrected it all click in and works now.

I see quoted below that Octopus give you a compatibility check on their site. I tried that link less than an hour ago but didn't manage to find out anything except they know have over 280 cars compatible.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom