Problems with scheduled charging

Hello - can anyone please help before I lose the will to live?

We have an MG ZS January 2020 registration, new to us a couple of weeks ago. We also have a home Podpoint Solo charger. We have not yet been able to successfully charge overnight (0030-0430, our energy suppliers ‘cheap’ EV rate) - the podpoint app allows scheduling, and everything seems fine on that; we’ve had remote troubleshooting from Podpoint plus a maintenance visit yesterday when the engineer changed the PCB as a precaution and left, sure all was working.
Plugged car in, went to bed…… charge again failed.
Reading various fora suggests this isn’t an isolated case - reading the car’s manual (tortuous…) isn’t helping.
Can anyone please give me an idiot’s guide to
a) checking if the car itself has an existing schedule that is clashing with Podpoint’s and
b) clearing that down so only the Podpoint schedule applies?
Thank you for your anticipated shared wisdom before I scream!
Hello all - apologies for not reverting earlier but things quickly took another turn. We were to take the car into the dealership on 28/6, to have the charging port looked at, plus collect a 2nd key and have it coded to the car. However, on that day, it had become impossible to charge the car either on our home Podpoint, Tesco Podpoint or another, tethered, public charger (the later so I could discount any issue with our own car charging cable).
The car is still there, more than two weeks on, as the dealership service department are liaising with MG Tech. The latest news yesterday, is that it may be the locking solenoid 🤷🏼‍♀️ but MG feel they are getting closer to a resolution. Having only had the the car since 31/5, with a few weeks of minor issues before this, our confidence in the vehicle is dropping daily.
Any thoughts from you, as experienced EV owners? This is our first. Thanks.

Our MG4 won't charge on schedule charge using our Sync ev charger. I've tried using the charger app to schedule charge and tried the car schedule but nothing works. The app is ev.energy who say that a lot of MG owners have reported problems and they are working on known bugs. The charger company blame the car. I'm going to see if it works with my granny charger!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom