Charging with PodPoint problems

Pontyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Can not charge on timed sequence overnight.
Podpoint so unhelpful, will not speak on phone all communication by email which takes days for a reply.
Snail mail years ago was quicker.
The scheduled charging will not work.
Tried everything but to now avail.
Very frustrating after a big initial cost.

Have you tried switching it off at the RCBO in the CU for 10 minutes to reset it?

Can not charge on timed sequence overnight.
Podpoint so unhelpful, will not speak on phone all communication by email which takes days for a reply.
Snail mail years ago was quicker.
The scheduled charging will not work.
Tried everything but to now avail.
Very frustrating after a big initial cost.
I have a Podpoint and a ZS.

Best combo is to turn off all of the schedule charging options on the Podpoint unit and set it so that it is on all of the time, and then use the schedule charging in the car (assuming you have the facelift ZS).

I have a podpoint and zs but I use the charger as a dumb charger and set percentage etc on the car. No problems at all.

I've just moved to Octopus.Go for cheap rates between 00:30 and 04:30. I've just set the car to 80% but used the pod point app to set the dual tariff and then automatically set the schedule. Just plugged the car in and it's waiting while the pod point has flashing yellow led so hoping I'll be at 80% in the morning. I think it should be better to set the charge% in the car but schedule in the pod point.

Similar issue either BGas Hive Alfen charger. All scheduling set on the car as chargers scheduling appears to be advertising windows dressing only. Tariffs are not set by the charger, that’s set by the time of day. Entering tariff rates I think just gives you an idea of charge cost.

Looking forward to the regs becoming enforceable law and some of these providers being held accountable!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom