Projector LED Headlights with reflective technology

Cliromax75

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I had a test drive today and really liked the Trophy but does anyone know what the difference is betewwn the Projector LED Headlights on the SE and the Projector LED Headlights with reflective technology on the Trophy? I forgot to ask at the time and it may make a difference as I do most of my driving in the hours of darkness.

I had a test drive today and really liked the Trophy but does anyone know what the difference is betewwn the Projector LED Headlights on the SE and the Projector LED Headlights with reflective technology on the Trophy? I forgot to ask at the time and it may make a difference as I do most of my driving in the hours of darkness.

Hello,

Not sure I can fully answer your question accurately - however I would assume rather the normal auto headlights found on the SR are standard LED. The Trophy will also go a step further and blank out parts of the beams to stop dazzling oncoming drivers. Also the trophy variants have additional LED lights on the front for indication where SE have blanked that out and is part of the full cluster.

Hello,

Not sure I can fully answer your question accurately - however I would assume rather the normal auto headlights found on the SR are standard LED. The Trophy will also go a step further and blank out parts of the beams to stop dazzling oncoming drivers. Also the trophy variants have additional LED lights on the front for indication where SE have blanked that out and is part of the full cluster.
It's pretty much the same as the matrix headlights (senses oncoming vehicles and turns off light at specific path of oncoming cars to prevent dazzle). I presume they don't call it that because Audi took ownership of that name.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back