Questions that need answering, please!

Psychic Embers

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Thought I’d start a thread for anyone who’s ordered, or indeed is thinking of ordering, to ask some questions that some of the more experienced MGers or those just more in the know might be able to answer and help out those of us less in the know. I know you can now spec / order the car but the UK info isn’t exactly detailed. I’ll start with those that I can think of at the moment…

Is Apple Car Play / Android Auto wireless or wired?

Is there a phone app that gives access to functions remotely?

What native music apps are there? I currently use Tidal in my Tesla as the sound quality is much better than Spotify

What control is there over the ambient lighting?

Can you ‘drive’ the car using the key to get
Into and out of tight spaces?

How much ‘space’ do you need to open the doors? I have a narrow drive with wall one side and bushes the other and I’m genuinely worried I might not be able to get out of the car at home?

Do MGEVs get regular OTA updates?

I’ve got loads more questions that I can’t find answers to but I’ll stop now for fear of boring everyone.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of these!

Last edited:
For the door opening question you could probably find some answer on the Lamborghini owners sites, you would need more head room but less width, so underground car parks would be more of an issue than narrow driveways.

As no reviewer has driven a UK spec car yet it is not clear what all the differences will be with those cars already out in the wild and will be interesting to see what the reviewers say once all of the menus/screens are in English and the suspension tweaks suggested by some have been made.

For the door opening question you could probably find some answer on the Lamborghini owners sites, you would need more head room but less width, so underground car parks would be more of an issue than narrow driveways.

As no reviewer has driven a UK spec car yet it is not clear what all the differences will be with those cars already out in the wild and will be interesting to see what the reviewers say once all of the menus/screens are in English and the suspension tweaks suggested by some have been made.
Yeah. I’m sure on one of the multitude of YouTube clips there’s an MG engineer saying that they’ll be some tweaks with the suspension for the UK Spec cars.

The Top Gear video shows the car has sensors on the door preventing you from smashing your head on them. I suspect its going to stop people getting out of cars in very narrow parking places.

A mixed use bay is 2400mm, short stay is 2300mm wide.

Cyberster is 1913mm. So in a short stay bay, you've got less than 20cm to get out. A school rule is 30cm. Most of us have parked in narrow bays, and have experienced wiggling out of a partly open door, with care. The door on a Cyberster might not even open to let you try.

PfUk4dpS.png

Don't park near a wall, bush, in a single garage, next to a van, SUV or anything with a slabby side. I can imagine doors opening partially, then stopping and owners slithering out on their hands and knees.

For those who manage to get out. The summon feature is very important to moving the car out of a tight space. They shouldn't omit it like they did for Thailand.

Also how would you get out if the car rolls over. Can the doors be forced open sideways. The cars 2 tonnes. I cant imagine the door motors being strong enough to tilt the car any which way. The door release mechanism in the center behind the seats might be useful in releasing it from the locking mechanism so it can be pryed off maybe.

For those who manage to get out. The summon feature is very important to moving the car out of a tight space. They shouldn't omit it like they did for Thailand.

Also how would you get out if the car rolls over. Can the doors be forced open sideways. The cars 2 tonnes. I cant imagine the door motors being strong enough to tilt the car any which way. The door release mechanism in the center behind the seats might be useful in releasing it from the locking mechanism so it can be pryed off maybe.

What about the wierd safety videos "leaked" that were trying to show the car is so bloody heavy, its impossible to roll.

This might give you an idea

Lamborghini-Aventador-Singapore-Crash-.jpg

Driver didn't get out of this one

5%5B1%5D.jpg

To be fair, if you are hanging upside down in any car after a roll, assuming your spine is still intact, you are not getting out of the car by opening a door. The smashed in roof makes sure of that. No, you are crawling out, or being dragged out where the side window was.

Thought I’d start a thread for anyone who’s ordered, or indeed is thinking of ordering, to ask some questions that some of the more experienced MGers or those just more in the know might be able to answer and help out those of us less in the know. I know you can now spec / order the car but the UK info isn’t exactly detailed. I’ll start with those that I can think of at the moment…

Is Apple Car Play / Android Auto wireless or wired?

Is there a phone app that gives access to functions remotely?

What native music apps are there? I currently use Tidal in my Tesla as the sound quality is much better than Spotify

What control is there over the ambient lighting?

Can you ‘drive’ the car using the key to get
Into and out of tight spaces?

How much ‘space’ do you need to open the doors? I have a narrow drive with wall one side and bushes the other and I’m genuinely worried I might not be able to get out of the car at home?

Do MGEVs get regular OTA updates?

I’ve got loads more questions that I can’t find answers to but I’ll stop now for fear of boring everyone.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer any of these!
Another question as well - Does it have heads up display (HUD) ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom