Radio Freeze?

Hallix73

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing the radio screen freezing up, no sound no response to volume uncrease and unable to change stations.? Will play other media like online or Bluetooth. I have to do hard reset on infortainment screen to get it back on.

Seeing same. A few others here have mentioned the same issue too.

What software versions do people have? (I'm wondering if a fix for some things has introduced other bugs).

Edit: would be worth mentioning the MG4 model too ... e.g. I think the 1300R29 is for the Trophy? That way we might get a clue if the issue only affects certain model(s).

Last edited:
Mine is the latest R30 booked in for Thursday so they can see problem. Also my drowsiness alert is in constatnt fault (not a bad thing) however it should be able to work.

Yip had issues with radio, was updated to R30 2 weeks ago, better but still stops working on every other drive. Though a hard reboot will fix it. I'm in the dealer tomorrow hopefully for a fix to the Auto-hold error that keeps popping up

I’ve had my radio ‘freeze’ a couple of times but hard reset cured it both time. Not happened for the last 500 miles so not worried.

It happens regularly but I haven't yet worked out a pattern. I think it's probably if there's a phone notification or similar

I seen this on the new ZS my dealer car he was driving so I did a restart for him and over air update but it kept happening so said it needed to go in to the work shop and have a reinstall of the softwar, I must ask him if that cleared it. The car is up for sale now so must have cleared it?

R30 is better, but it doesn't fully fix the radio freeze. I'd say every third drive I have to reboot the infotainment system, which by the way seems to reset the battery max charge to 100%. So need to remember to reset that as well

R30 is better, but it doesn't fully fix the radio freeze. I'd say every third drive I have to reboot the infotainment system, which by the way seems to reset the battery max charge to 100%. So need to remember to reset that as well
MIne had R30 installed from new. They just re-installed it and radio been fine ever since.

Anyone experiencing the radio screen freezing up, no sound no response to volume uncrease and unable to change stations.? Will play other media like online or Bluetooth. I have to do hard reset on infortainment screen to get it back on.
Happens to me all the time, which is very frustrating. In lieu of a decent software upgrade, I've found you can reboot the system by holding down the home button for 15 seconds. When it restarts the radio will return. Just be aware that some of your safety features will be temporarily disabled while it reboots, but it doesn't take long.

Happens to me all the time, which is very frustrating. In lieu of a decent software upgrade, I've found you can reboot the system by holding down the home button for 15 seconds. When it restarts the radio will return. Just be aware that some of your safety features will be temporarily disabled while it reboots, but it doesn't take long.
The dealer re-installed latest R30 software and since then Radio has been fine.

I had the problem with the radio cutting out this morning. I did the hard reset as suggested and now I have the Home Screen and the settings screen going back and forward. Very strange. Going into the dealer tomorrow morning.

I had the problem with the radio cutting out this morning. I did the hard reset as suggested and now I have the Home Screen and the settings screen going back and forward. Very strange. Going into the dealer tomorrow morning.
This sounds like the exact same issue. Interesting… was there anything different about the journey before this happened?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back