Radio Freeze?

It's a bit shite this - happened to me today. Had the car a month and first longish journey today, about 30 mins into it the radio just cut out. Pulled over for a bite to eat, when I restarted the car the screen keeps flicking between home screen and sometimes climate control. The right hand side of screen isn't showing the icons and I can't access any settings. Tried the reboot many many times but no difference. So if this problem goes break to November 2022 and I only got car in July 2023 that doesn't sound like they've got a fix - had anyone actually had it resolved permanently?

I have a Trophy by the way.

I have had the radio freeze 3 times now on my SE SR and I didn't realise it was a common problem. Just thought it was an issue with the radio signal.
My car has not yet needed to go back to the dealer since collected at the end of Jan 23 and has not yet had any updates. The screen shows it is R13.
So my question is... has anyone else had this on an SE SR and is there a s/w fix for this. Thank you.

I've not had this at all on my SE SR.

Beware that if you have your infotainment software updated from R13 you will lose your external temperature reading. Although legend has it that this reading is restored in the legendary R26 (which doesn't fix any of the other bugs as far as I know).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 531 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back