• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Radio Module Initialising

I was with my car 2 hours today in the mg service center for the radio issue.

They tried to disconnect the battery for 15 min and it didn't fix the issue, they say that they need to replace part call "Module", they will order it for me and call me next week to change it as part of the warranty

Last edited:
I was with my car 2 hours today in the mg service center for the radio issue.

They tried to disconnect the battery for 15 min and it didn't fix the issue, they say that they need to replace part call "Module", they will order it for me and call me next week to change it as part of the warranty
That’s interesting. I wonder what will happen with mine.

could be that the radio module failed to initialize just because its broken,.. could be something on that circuit board,... it happens,.. its electronics :)

Hallo
haben seit heute das gleiche Problem. Gibt es eine Lösung, die ich selbst machen kann oder muss ich zum Händler gehen?

Hallo aus Deutschland. Muss im Wagen irgendwas neu eingestellt werden nach dem die 12V Batterie abgeklemmt war?

Google translation

Hello from Germany. Does anything have to be readjusted in the car after the 12V battery has been disconnected?

Hope someone can help, I assume someone can reply?

Mine failed last week. I have disconnected the 12v negative twice without success. Once you have disconnected the 12v negative, your current trip and current accumulated total journeys are erased and reset back to zero.

Once the negative terminal is re-connected. The first time you start the car, every errors shows up on the dash and bings this fails and that fails. TPMS also resets with no information. Just go and drive the car and all the errors will disappear and eventually TPMS will starts showing readings again.

Important Note: DO NOT manually shut the tailgate when the battery is disconnected otherwise you won’t be able to open it to re-connect the battery. You will have to access from inside the cabin.

Attachments

• 5BC3FFEA-2656-4989-87C3-550F9DBAC244.jpeg
    5BC3FFEA-2656-4989-87C3-550F9DBAC244.jpeg
    481.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
The battery thing didn't work, so it's booked in 🙄

Mine fixed by the dealer earlier this week by replacing the module. The part arrived at the dealer the next day so the car stayed overnight with the dealer.

It will wipe all your radio settings including the EQ. It did get an infotainment software update.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom