Radio Module Initialising

Car went in, new radio module, all sorted. Also sorted a rattle from under the car, turns out to be heat shield loose on rear brakes. All fixed musix resumed :)

Well after 8 months of driving my screen decided to completely lockup this morning.
I drove about 3 miles in EV mode yesterday, didn’t put it on charge last night (75% charge) and then this morning I’ve got “Radio Module Initialising” on the screen and I’m unable to adjust the fan, use sat nav or radio. Reverse camera doesn’t display on screen or anything. It beeps when I touch it but doesn’t change anything.

Has the battery in the boot being disconnected worked for anyone or am I best just phoning the dealers in the morning?

Edit
So after leaving the car parked up for 5 hours and not doing anything to it I’m pleased to report that the issue has fixed itself.
Obviously an issue in the background but seems a time of none use broke it and also fixed it.

Last edited:
I’ve been using Apple Car Play for a while but went to use the DAB yesterday and it keeps showing ‘Radio Module Initialising’ and not doing anything else. FM and AM are also affected. Any suggestions please?
Take the lead out behind the glove box

Will reboot it

You tube videos out there will help

My issue was sorted by itself when I just left it parked up for a while back in March.
Generally it’s been ok since then, sometimes very slow to boot but has always worked till the other day…

I drove from home to the petrol station (about 3 miles) and all was good. Started up again after refuelling and absolutely nothing from the centre screen.

I was about to drive 100+ miles and didn’t fancy no radio or way to adjust the temperature on route, pulled over and turned the car off and on again (no good), tried off, opened door, locked car, start again (still nothing!).
I could cope without a map and being on a deadline had no choice but to set off.
About 4 miles into my silent journey the centre screen suddenly sprang into life and after displaying the MG for an extended period of time it eventually drew all the icons back on the screen.

So having had the car for just over a year now I can say with 100% confidence that I can’t trust it as I never know when it’ll “have a moment”.

Take the lead out behind the glove box

Will reboot it

You tube videos out there will help
Do you have any links to a suitable video?
I can't find information on how to disconnect the infotainment system anywhere, other then disconnecting the whole 12v battery.
Unless one of the acronyms in the fuse box diagram is for the stereo and I just don't know it :)

Thanks

I am sure it may not be everyone’s answer, but if my infotainment, ‘freezes”, hold the “home” button down constantly until it reboots itself.

Do you have any links to a suitable video?
I can't find information on how to disconnect the infotainment system anywhere, other then disconnecting the whole 12v battery.
Unless one of the acronyms in the fuse box diagram is for the stereo and I just don't know it :)

Thanks
Just open glove box and half turn the 2 big plastic screws and take out, drop box down and radio module is up on left hand side grayish or white box pull out the plug with ignition on radio on plug back in after 5 to 10 seconds and watch screen it will start working normal again, I did this on Thursday and has been ok since then 👍 5 mins or less in total not a big job at all.

Had the same problem. Radio module initializing. Just unplug and after 10 seconds plug in the white connector as shown in the video.
Problem solved.

Last edited:
I've had the issue: disconnect > reconnect worked like a charm! (It did require some adjustments: time, mirrors)

I had this problem and also ended up with a flat 12v battery after leaving the car for a week. Apparently the radio stays on in this condition even with the car locked. Dealer said its a well known problem with a loose connector under the dash. Fixed in 5 mins while I waited - been fine ever since

There is an update on the software to cure this issue apparently..... dealers should know about this... mine happened 6 months ago, updated after i informed dealer, so far so good... car is very buggy with all these issues, about time mg sorted them all.

I’ve been using Apple Car Play for a while but went to use the DAB yesterday and it keeps showing ‘Radio Module Initialising’ and not doing anything else. FM and AM are also affected. Any suggestions please?
Updates for us?
Same problem. Dealer is complete confused about problem. Anyone solve this problem?

Same problem on my MG5… Hemel Hampsted dealer complete confused about problem…

Same problem. Dealer is complete confused about problem. Anyone solve this problem?

Same problem on my MG5… Hemel Hampsted dealer complete confused about problem…
Problem solved easy. Unzip this folder, put it on usb stick and uldate your DAB radio.

Attachments

• DAB304_APP 2.zip
    89 KB · Views: 195
iI had the same problem, twice, the first time it resolved itself because the car battery was discharged, then it reset, when I recharged the battery it worked. but after a month the same problem reappeared.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom