Radio station icons - how to get/add ?

jont131

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Different challenge now !

Anyone any idea or had any luck in getting the infotainment system to display the correct logos for radio stations instead of the default 'antenae' or 'missing pic' icon ?

facelift ZS LR with R19 MPU ...

I doubt this can be fixed without a hardware chip change. I believe during the semi conductor shortage they shipped many cars without a chip to display the DAB car radio graphics. MG didn't want to delay car shipments just because of a missing radio logo. Frustrating. If anyone is aware of a software update to fix this please shout but I don't believe it exists.

Upvote 0
I doubt this can be fixed without a hardware chip change. I believe during the semi conductor shortage they shipped many cars without a chip to display the DAB car radio graphics. MG didn't want to delay car shipments just because of a missing radio logo. Frustrating. If anyone is aware of a software update to fix this please shout but I don't believe it exists.
I agree, I tend to believe it’s a hardware issue and not a simple software fix.

Upvote 0
A potential cottage industry for someone with decent soldering skills? If it's just one surface mount chip, that's not so hard; the main hassle would be getting at the board.

Upvote 0
My ZS MK2 (none connect) will only show the BBC radio station graphics, all the others just display the generic one.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom