Range declining?

I agree. It’s a very unsatisfactory situation. MG really must get to grips with it asap.

After the BMS opdated fix, I've been charging at home every day (plus equalizing cycle) for more than 2 weeks (17 days and counting). So far the voltage is slowly climbing. As of this morning, it was 448v, so I'm not there yet. Don't be surprised if it takes a while to get up to 455v. At least I hope that mine will get there and there's nothing still wrong with the BMS.....

Mine is increasing about 0.4V per equalisation cycle. I've done about 20 already, and voltage only at 437V (up from 429V). I'm also fed up

Mine has crept up consistently 0.75V on each charge. It was 448.5V this morning. It’s on charge again now....
Hi Mike.
Do you have any info you can share about the charge conditions?
Did you use 3kw/7kw? What was the state of charge %?
Also how long have your equalisation charges been taking and has this been improving as the battery gets closer to full capacity?

My progress seems to have stalled around 443v (started at 439 before update).
The dealer is telling me to run down battery as low as possible, and then use a 3kw granny charger.

They have advised to drive another 1,000miles and monitor before taking any more action :mad:.

Hi Peter, my experience shows a steady improvement from 439v 2 weeks ago to 443v yesterday with approx 100 miles driven a day. Charging at 7kw with very long equalisation phases (6-9 hours). Range is improving too. I will update again when voltage goes up but I suspect it will take another month to fully fix.

Hi @peter i just charged as and when required. I let the car do it’s thing snd left it for sometimes 10-12 hours of equalisation. I only have access to 7kW at the moment. I just made sure that it was under 90%.
I saw a steady increase of 0.75V per charge. Luckily I had not used the car very much since the last update. I’m now at 449.25V and had a 21mV imbalance last time I charged. It’s on again tonight and I will monitor how long it’s charging for. It was only down to 89%. So it shouldn’t be too long.

My MG eZS is still with the dealer (about 10 days now) after they applied the January 19th BMS update. I have their demo car. It has the same issue as mine. The battery is effectively 30-31kWh after 3500km.

I don't know what to think at this point. This isn't what I paid for.
Exactly the same story here in Israel. I had a lot of problems after the update, the range dropped 80 km, constant warnings "Slow Charge the Vehicle", one cannot trust the numbers of remaining km at all. The other day it showed a "Low Charge" warning at 96 km...

Hi @peter i just charged as and when required. I let the car do it’s thing snd left it for sometimes 10-12 hours of equalisation. I only have access to 7kW at the moment. I just made sure that it was under 90%.
I saw a steady increase of 0.75V per charge. Luckily I had not used the car very much since the last update. I’m now at 449.25V and had a 21mV imbalance last time I charged. It’s on again tonight and I will monitor how long it’s charging for. It was only down to 89%. So it shouldn’t be too long.
How do you measure what your imbalance is?

I think I need to get this OVMS.
I'm a nerd that needs to know the data!!!!!!!!!

That is really interesting and probably goes to show what the "new" max voltage should read in a perfect world when all of the battery cells are 100.0% balanced and charged.
449.25V with only 21mV imbalance between cells probably is going to be 450V fully balanced.
Would you agree?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom