Re-Locking a Locked Car

dave3005

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
This evening I thought I may have knocked one of the buttons on the key fob in my pocket, so I pressed the lock button again on the key fob and noticed my hazards started flashing.

I though this may be useful if trying to find a car if it flashes a couple of times, but it seemed to keep going? After about 10 flashes and it looking like my car was broken down, I unlocked and relocked to stop it. Didn't have any luck finding this on google/forums yet.

Is this normal, and if so how long should it flash for?

Also useful if someone dodgy hanging around the car and you can activate this and it should hopefully scare them off as it mimics the alarm going off (lights & horn mode on obviously).

Just tested this on my Trophy. It flashed 30 times before stopping. I do not use the horn option.
Thanks everyone that's helpful. I had changed mine to flashing only in car but wasn't even sure how to make it work. 30x sounds alot! But least that matches what mine was doing then.

Thanks everyone that's helpful. I had changed mine to flashing only in car but wasn't even sure how to make it work. 30x sounds alot! But least that matches what mine was doing then.
I'm sure you simply press the lock button again to stop.

So...press to lock as normal...press lock again to activate this feature (find it in a car park or hopefully scare off potential scumbags) and then press lock again to stop it.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back