Re Window demister.

NickHeynes

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Havin not used the rear window demister for a while I found myself in a position to have to have to turn it on this morning as my car was a bit "dewy".
It took around 20 minutes to clear the screen .
Has anyone else had this problem?

It’ll have taken that long as it would’ve been moisture on the outside of the glass, rather than condensation on the inside.

No, it was external . last winter it was really fast to get rid of frost outside etc .
Frost will clear a lot quicker than actual moisture on the window - some heat will melt frost quite quickly, whereas it takes a lot more heat for a lot longer to dry the moisture from the window. I doubt there’s a problem with the car to be honest.

Check thet the car has not re-set to auto or recirc and it is taking in air from outside?
No it wasn't moisture on the inside it was dew on the outside .

Frost will clear a lot quicker than actual moisture on the window - some heat will melt frost quite quickly, whereas it takes a lot more heat for a lot longer to dry the moisture from the window. I doubt there’s a problem with the car to be honest.
Thanks Diggsy .That makes sense .I sort of (not really )hope we had a really cold snap soon to test it!!

If I see a lot of moisture on the rear screen I may well swipe it away (using my scraper/swiper tool that stays in the driver's door pocket). Other than that, forward motion and air flow quickly clears the rear screen in my experience. :)

Of course if you had a rear wiper................
Why would I need a rear wiper ?
Me clearing the rear screen.................. :LOL:

Fail Car Wash GIF

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video