• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Ready Mode while Charging ?

ok. My car doesn’t display ready when rapid charging. Does yours?

ok. My car doesn’t display ready when rapid charging. Does yours?
Nope , it is a limited ready mode where the traction controls are locked out but does 12V battery charging and does not time out. For full ready mode it cannot be plugged in , as the charge sensing locks out the car controls.

This maybe of interest ?.

@Lovemyev helpful video, but you said the car has a "Heat Pump" are you sure about that? The MG5 may be different but I doubt it's that different from the ZS EV which has a resistive heater. You could tell if it had a Heat Pump because with the AC turned OFF and heater on you would hear the AC pump motor and big fan cutting in and out since a Heat Pump is in effect the AC running in reverse. I think I'm right in saying that MG only uses an electric Resistive Heater to warm the car up which is why it is so quick to respond. It's true that a Heat Pump is more efficient but it's more complicated and more expensive. It only in the last update that Teslar has put a Heat Pump in the Model 3 and Kia only offer it in the higher trim levels of the eSoul so I wouldn't expect to find anything other than a simple electric heater in the MG ZS or MG5 and in my experiences it heats so quickly and can be soon be turned down low.

@Lovemyev helpful video, but you said the car has a "Heat Pump" are you sure about that? The MG5 may be different but I doubt it's that different from the ZS EV which has a resistive heater. You could tell if it had a Heat Pump because with the AC turned OFF and heater on you would hear the AC pump motor and big fan cutting in and out since a Heat Pump is in effect the AC running in reverse. I think I'm right in saying that MG only uses an electric Resistive Heater to warm the car up which is why it is so quick to respond. It's true that a Heat Pump is more efficient but it's more complicated and more expensive. It only in the last update that Teslar has put a Heat Pump in the Model 3 and Kia only offer it in the higher trim levels of the eSoul so I wouldn't expect to find anything other than a simple electric heater in the MG ZS or MG5 and in my experiences it heats so quickly and can be soon be turned down low.
Yeah - I did pick up on the guy mentioning the use of the heat pump.
But as we know, the ZS EV and the MG5 does not offer the heat pump option.
A bit of a mistake on the part of the presenter, but never mind 🤷‍♂️

Nope , it is a limited ready mode where the traction controls are locked out but does 12V battery charging and does not time out. For full ready mode it cannot be plugged in , as the charge sensing locks out the car controls.
Thanks. So, it’s in ready mode with no ready mode illuminated light displayed and many of the ready mode functions not enabled. 🧐

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom