Real mileage question

Tony60

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Hi, planning a drive from Liverpool to Southampton in November this year. I have the MG4 long range and will be carrying 4 passengers and 4 suitcases. Can anyone tell me what mileage I can expect and where would be the best place to charge if I wanted to charge up once I got down to 20%. Thanks

These guys are right, but when I think back to this time last year I found ABRP very unintuitive to use and nearly gave up on it. It needs quite a lot of playing with before you figure it out, at least it did in my case.

You can tell it what weight you're carrying in the car. You can enter the temperature and the headwind. You can tell it by what % your battery has degraded. You can prefer particular charger networks. You can make it use the chargers you choose and then see if it's viable. You can choose your speed. You can ask for a range of plans between many short stops and few long stops.

It's very good and will repay time spent playing with it.

These guys are right, but when I think back to this time last year I found ABRP very unintuitive to use and nearly gave up on it. It needs quite a lot of playing with before you figure it out, at least it did in my case.

You can tell it what weight you're carrying in the car. You can enter the temperature and the headwind. You can tell it by what % your battery has degraded. You can prefer particular charger networks. You can make it use the chargers you choose and then see if it's viable. You can choose your speed. You can ask for a range of plans between many short stops and few long stops.

It's very good and will repay time spent playing with it.
In ABRP you CAN do all of the above or you simply accept the defaults.
OP requested a November, and considering the temperature I will highly suggest at least setting the departure date so ABRP can take that into account. Also selecting your vehicle is crucial.

It's as easy as that

I only managed to set an actual departure date once, and have failed to find that setting since. However manually setting the temperature and headwind seems to work fine. If you're planning a journey some time in advance it's pointless leaving it on "seasonal temperature" because it will simply assume you're going today.

I only managed to set an actual departure date once, and have failed to find that setting since. However manually setting the temperature and headwind seems to work fine. If you're planning a journey some time in advance it's pointless leaving it on "seasonal temperature" because it will simply assume you're going today.
Quite intuitive you set the starting date and time, on your starting point

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240502_202255_ABRP.jpg
    Screenshot_20240502_202255_ABRP.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 17
Thanks very much for that. I can almost swear that hasn't been there lots of times I've looked, but has been there at least once. I'll know where to look for sure now, anyway.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back