Rear Near side fog lamp replacement cluster

Stonemonkey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi Guy's
My Wife (honest) Had a little incident this morning and cracked the rear near side fog lamp cluster, is this a job i can do myself or is it best left to the professionals
Thanks
Alan

Hi Guy's
My Wife (honest) Had a little incident this morning and cracked the rear near side fog lamp cluster, is this a job i can do myself or is it best left to the professionals
Thanks
Alan
Hi Al - I take it you refer to the fog light contained in the complete rear light cluster assembly ?.
Question, have you enquired if this lens can be purchased on it's own ?.
My guess would be NO.
We are talking ZS EV original version, not face lift model ?.
I ask because the original model has standard lamps I believe, where the face lift has some LED elements in the cluster.
Pure guess work here and not what you may want to hear Al, but you MAY need to purchase the whole lamp cluster assembly - Ouch !.
If so, you could consider a complete unit from a breaker, if you can find one ?.

Hi Guy's
Sorry i should have said the car is 71 plate, i do believe that there are leds in this cluster
Alan

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 149
Hi Guy's
Sorry i should have said the car is 71 plate, i do believe that there are leds in this cluster
Alan
Arh .........It's not the main rear light cluster then ( which is good thing ).
I don't think that will be too expensive to replace TBH.
Could be a bumper off job though ?????.
Order a touch up a Dynamic red touch up stick while you are at he dealers.
The paint code can be found on a sticker plate.
When you open the drivers door, look down and to the left, then on the bottom of the "B" pillar, you will find the black sticker, this has the cars VIN number and the paint and trim details of the car.
Touch up sticks are about £20 ish.

On mine (22 facelift) the fog is on the other side and that is just a plain/blank with no lamps or wiring, it fixes in from the rear so the bumper would need to come of to get at it

Last edited:
Anyone have a part number for it as I done mine in as well with the plastic chrome surround. See some on Ali express.
Looks the same.

IMG_4266.png

We had a minor crunch in the first week of September and despite 2 visits to the dealer, one to their nominated repair shop and several phone call reminders, as of Jan 8th I have yet to even get a quote, let alone get a part order in. Non-existent after-sales service, basically. Best of luck

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom