Ian MG5

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
DC4A8037-1D8E-4DD7-8B2C-7564B446231B.jpeg
F52E4D64-F83B-488A-BAFF-8E503B799B56.jpeg
Hi all
I was just looking through the photos of new cars on delivery day thread (I couldn’t post mine as I didn’t join the group until a month after delivery) and I noticed the black bar on the rear number plate
I’d forget all about this as it was the first thing I did
I removed the rear badges (in the wrong place for UK number plates) and the black bar and replaced them with a chrome number plate surround
I put the screws in the same place as the dealership had put in and treated them to a touch of sealant to help prevent tin worm😂
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited:
I'd still say a shaped plate is a better solution.
No need to move badges.

Something you omitted by choice?
The car didn’t come with the green flash on the side of the number plate and I didn’t give it a second thought when I ordered my new number plates
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

I personally just got a taller plate (my thread is mentioned above 🙏), but I am amused by your stealth EV look sans badges. I may go the other way and add a knockoff Tesla plaid badge I got from China, just to be cheeky.

View attachment 6149View attachment 6148Hi all
I was just looking through the photos of new cars on delivery day thread (I couldn’t post mine as I didn’t join the group until a month after delivery) and I noticed the black bar on the rear number plate
I’d forget all about this as it was the first thing I did
I removed the rear badges (in the wrong place for UK number plates) and the black bar and replaced them with a chrome number plate surround
I put the screws in the same place as the dealership had put in and treated them to a touch of sealant to help prevent tin worm😂
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Can you supply some details, photos , and where you got the surround, and price please.

Hi
I bought them from Wilko motosave a local car spares shop near me
They only cost £13 for the pair
Cheers
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Finally got rid of that nasty black bar on the rear. Smoked chrome plate surround - more subtle than full chrome.

Maybe debadge next. Got new plate to go on the mount too - current plate has holes in it!

Attachments

• FCEA36D3-CA04-44B6-8182-BF58F53BBF13.jpeg
    FCEA36D3-CA04-44B6-8182-BF58F53BBF13.jpeg
    278.9 KB · Views: 239

Just stuck on some private plates....I know weirdo.... and my solution for the rear plate is slightly less wide and slightly deeper to utilise the existing bolt holes and avoid the badges.

1659092802092.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom