Rear passenger window broken and stuck down.

TerryYa

Standard Member
Reaction score
I need a bit of help. My daughter was putting the rear window back up when their was a bang/snapping and then it stopped. When you press the button I can still hear a motor turning but it's not moving.

I'm sure I'll be able to sort it eventually under warranty but in the mean time I'm stuck, in a bank holiday weekend, with my window fully open! I've Googled how to take the door card off but I'm open to any advice on how I can get the window back up.

Thanks

can you get a grip anywhere at the top of the glass and lift the dropglass up? It sounds like it’s parted company from the mechanism. If you can work it up with a hand each side and then jam it with something when at the top it should plug the hole temporarily

I had this happen in my land cruiser coming back home from holiday it was raining drove all the way from Edinburgh airport the Durham with the drivers side window down 😳 anyway the way to temp fix is take the door card off you will be able to push the window up by hand then use a pice of broom shank cut to size to hold the window in place the hole mechanism will need to be replaced

20210404_170241.jpg

It's stuck at this level.

Worth a try pressing the up button at the same time as manualy trying to lift up the glass - - might help. Otherwise door covering off. If really stuck you might be able to jam the rear parcel shelf against the door to cover the hole for a while. I’m sure that you could call the AA too under MG cover - as it’s put the car in an unsecured state.

I've watched the video. I've removed the screws, taken off the top bit of trim but haven't got anything suitable to prise the main bit away, without damaging it. It's frustrating as once one bit is loose I'm sure the rest will be straight forward. I just don't want to risk scratching, dinting or breaking something on a 3 month old car when I can get somebody else to do it.

Just cover it with a sheet of polythene for now.

Just cover it with a sheet of polythene for now.

That is literally all the AA guy would do! So now stuck with a half open window until I can get it into the dealer.

Think I might order some trim tools from Amazon. I'm presuming that anything I do to secure the car won't affect the warranty.

The dealer should take it in as soon as they open after easter as it’s a priority fix. I’d turn up with it on the day that they open - tues!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom