Rear passenger window broken and stuck down.

Well, so far so good. My wife took it in this morning and despite only one person being in and being booked up for the next week they told her to leave it and they'd have a look and at the very least, leave it secure.

We've not got it back yet but I'm impressed so far. I'll name and praise later once we find out what has actually been done.

They’ll say first day back after Easter, busy, blah blah blah. It costs nothing to call a customer and keep them updated. It’s about ownership. The general dealership standards (not just MG) are still way behind where they should be.

Morning update.

They've stripped the door and apparently it's "more complicated than they thought", which means they can't even secure it at the moment and have ordered in the part which should be here next week! They don't have any courtesy cars available either, which is understandable really.

Going to try MG now and see if they can sort us a car in the mean time but not holding out much hope. Think it might be a case of hiring one ourselves for a week as it's not very nice driving on the motorway, or at speed in general, with a clingfilmed window. Plus we wouldn't feel confident leaving it parked in public.

We'll see how we get on!

Went to pick it up and the window was jammed up, which is good. They have said not to use the door as they're not sure how secure it is.

Emailed someone at MG who asked where we'd gone but not sure if that made any difference or not.

Now just got to wait on the part.

When I worked in a bodyshop we used to get vehicles with this fault. It usually happened when the window was usually tried to be lowered when the glass was frozen.

Definitely not caused by being frozen this time. It was late afternoon and nowhere near cold enough to be frosty.

I don't think that window had ever been used before so I've got a feeling it's a build quality problem.

Anyone got any tips on what to use to prise the panel away?
If you haven't got access to plastic pry tools, a large screw driver or the handle of a spoon may give you enough leverage to prise the panel, a bit of masking tape or cellotape on the handle would stop you scratching the door paintwork.

If you haven't got access to plastic pry tools, a large screw driver or the handle of a spoon may give you enough leverage to prise the panel, a bit of masking tape or cellotape on the handle would stop you scratching the door paintwork.
Thanks for the tip. I've actually bought some tools from Amazon but will be leaving it now. Dealer still waiting for the part to arrive but not too much of a problem now the window is up

To be honest the communication with the dealer wasn't great and I think they fell out with us. 😂

When we thought they were going to give us the car back with the window down, couldn't give us a courtesy car and didn't know how long the part would take, we went to MG to see if they could sort us out with one. Turns out all MG did was ask the dealer to give us a car and, as they had already told us, they didn't have one. We were then treated to a sarcastic voicemail from the dealer saying they couldn't give us one as, "as they had already told us", they don't have one.

By this stage they'd jammed the window closed anyway so we didn't even want another car so all MG did was make us look like a proper Karen.

Anyway, it's sorted now so onwards and upwards. Don't think a 70 plate car with a taped and clingfilmed back window for a month has been a great advert for MG!

To be honest the communication with the dealer wasn't great and I think they fell out with us. 😂

When we thought they were going to give us the car back with the window down, couldn't give us a courtesy car and didn't know how long the part would take, we went to MG to see if they could sort us out with one. Turns out all MG did was ask the dealer to give us a car and, as they had already told us, they didn't have one. We were then treated to a sarcastic voicemail from the dealer saying they couldn't give us one as, "as they had already told us", they don't have one.

By this stage they'd jammed the window closed anyway so we didn't even want another car so all MG did was make us look like a proper Karen.

Anyway, it's sorted now so onwards and upwards. Don't think a 70 plate car with a taped and clingfilmed back window for a month has been a great advert for MG!
Which dealer was this ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom