Rear seat folding

FatSting

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi everybody
first post time.
Obviously the rear seats dont fold flat. Has anybody removed the rear seat squab, if so, how did you do it.
Thanks in advance

BTW I'm quite enjoying the electric experience, windows booked in for tinting?

and then does it fold flat? (it's too hot out there to try atm)
Slopes down a little if anything.
An alternative is to remove the back rests. If you are happy to keep them in the car you don't even need tools, otherwise you have to undo one torque bolt at the bottom of the middle seat belt.

Attachments

• IMG-20220805-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20220805-WA0007.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 372
I have removed the seat base ok. Just watch when you go to put the seats back upright that they latch into the lower hinges correctly if not they don't fold back quite right. Easy to do just have a go with it. On my SR I raised the boot floor by 90mm to get it almost level.
IMG_20210620_133356.jpg

I have removed the seat base ok. Just watch when you go to put the seats back upright that they latch into the lower hinges correctly if not they don't fold back quite right. Easy to do just have a go with it. On my SR I raised the boot floor by 90mm to get it almost level.View attachment 10253
A nice neat and tidy photo at a useful angle, if only I'd taken one of those before I put the seats back in.

I don't know why manufacturers don't put the seat hinge higher up so though there would be a step there at least the back of the seats would be flat allowing boxes etc to be placed there without sliding down.

Hi
I’ve never removed the seat base myself but I have seen or read it somewhere that you just pull the front corners upwards and then it just lift’s out
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
I find that after removing the seat base, when putting it back again it is awkward to position the seat belt sockets all in the right place at the same time so that the seat goes back properly.

I removed the rear seat. The swab is just pull up at the front but it is still hooked at the rear. You have to push it back a bit to unhook it.

Seat back just unlatch and put forward then lift out of mounts on either side. They are joined together through a center mount so slide each out. Also have the unbolt the center seatbelt at the floor.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom