Rear Seat Removal

Knuttt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Saw this video on the ZS forum but wondered if anyone has tried it on the MG5?

Looks like it might be quite helpful if it’s that easy…

Andy

Thank you, that sounds even better. Can you explain the process any more please or is it as simple as it sounds?

Hi, you are on the MG5 bit of the forum so I wouldn't like to say that I just pull it hard.

How does the rear of the squab detach from the floor , I got the front up as you described. Cheers Paul.
On my FL Trophy I had to undo a wiring connecter underneath each side of the seat (I assume it is for the seat occupied sensors) and the it just lifted up and forward and came out. It was a bit fiddly where the seat belt buckles fit through the holes in the seat base.

To lift the rear seat base on a new MG5 will require you to pull VERY HARD upwards (in two places) before it unclicks.

Be warned though - both ends of the base have a flimsy wire with an electrical connector along it. If you are pulling really hard upwards and it releases, it is all too easy to end up suddenly lifting the seat base a foot or so upwards. This will rip the wires out.

Pull hard upwards but in such a way that when it gives way, you only lift that end a little.
The click-in clasps are about one-third and two-thirds along the seat base.

If you do this quite a few times, the clicky clasps under the seat base start to slacken. Then you don't have to heave really hard any more.

I've removed the rear seat base a few times now - it does require a reasonable amount of force as @severs1966 says. If I need to put a a lot of stuff in the back it certainly gives more space. I wouldn't want to do it too often though - always a little worried about damaging the seat, which is basically one piece of foam..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom