Rear seatbelt warning alert

Just a tip i found on my mg5 for front seats.
If i buy a10 pack of carling and place it on the passenger seat, all is dandy.

But if i buy an 18 pack and place it on the passenger seat it thinks there's someone not wearing the seat belt.
Luckily the shop wasn't too far to my house as the bongs don't stop.
Tldr: 10 pack on seat, 18 pack on the floor
🍻
👍Not worth using the seatbelt on 18 tins of Carling 🙄😂

Didn’t think the 1968 Minor had rear seat belts😂. Seriously, the alarm activates while driving. Will stop after a few minutes then five minutes later starts again. A pain in the backside on a long journey.
It doesn't, it barely has front ones, static 3 points in the front.

Yes, remember it well. Mine has semaphore signals, you had to bash the pillar with your elbow to make it work! Also had to bash the fuel pump with a spanner to get it to work.
Thank goodness for EV’s

Yes, remember it well. Mine has semaphore signals, you had to bash the pillar with your elbow to make it work! Also had to bash the fuel pump with a spanner to get it to work.
Thank goodness for EV’s

In a past life I used to overhaul those trafficators! This was about 1966 👍

Just a tip i found on my mg5 for front seats.
If i buy a10 pack of carling and place it on the passenger seat, all is dandy.

But if i buy an 18 pack and place it on the passenger seat it thinks there's someone not wearing the seat belt.
Luckily the shop wasn't too far to my house as the bongs don't stop.
Tldr: 10 pack on seat, 18 pack on the floor
🍻
You mean you don't put the seat belt on precious cargo?

🍻

Did anyone found out how to turn off the rear seat belt chimes for MK2 ZS EV?
They should not be on, unless someone or something is on the rear seat.

In case someone is there, they can just buckle up, and the chime goes away, and if you place something on the seat that trigger it, just clip the buckle in to stop it chiming.

I was just considering this when I get mine and fit the isofix seat.
I'm assuming there's something to say if the isofix fixings are used instead of the belt then the alarm will not sound. Either that or there must be a way of turning it off?

...or I just ensure the baby weighs less than an 18 pack of Carling until he can use the belt :ROFLMAO:
Shane, interested to know what back seat you use for car seat? i note airbags don't switch off and thinking only the middle seat may be suitable?

The back seats are fine for child seats it's not like the front passenger where air bag gets switched off for backwards facing seats?

The back seats are fine for child seats it's not like the front passenger where air bag gets switched off for backwards facing seats?
Thanks! I note you can switch airbags off, but there are curtain airbags that stretch from front to back seats so good to know that side seats in rear can be used as we have a baby due and it’s time to fit car seat 😊

Thanks! I note you can switch airbags off, but there are curtain airbags that stretch from front to back seats so good to know that side seats in rear can be used as we have a baby due and it’s time to fit car seat 😊
This should be a good read for you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom