Rear spoilers

BugEyed

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Something that I found out today is that the Trophy rear spoiler results in the deletion of the lip spoiler below the rear window on the SE models.

So Trophy

IMG_20220924_111450.jpg

SE

IMG_20220924_111513.jpg

IMG_20220924_111640.jpg

The SE has some slightly odd looking covers where the Trophy spoiler.

IMG_20220924_111634.jpg

I don't follow why they've gone with different designs between SE and Trophy on the hatch lid. I know the SE is unlit, but they could have maintained the same lines. I do like the SE design, have to say that coz I've brought one.

First real life pictures of the blue I have seen. Not likely to lose it in a car park! I’ve got a blue trophy on order.

My dealer sent me quite a few pictures yesterday from the training event, including several of the blue, but I have not yet received permission to post them. I can say the grey looks good but I'm still happy with my choice of tri-colour red.

My dealer sent me quite a few pictures yesterday from the training event, including several of the blue, but I have not yet received permission to post them. I can say the grey looks good but I'm still happy with my choice of tri-colour red.
Mine just showed me some of his photos of the event, but they were still on his phone.
The blue really pops on the MG4!

I went to two dealers earlier, the one where I've ordered from had grey, white and orange in. I've ordered grey, and I am now relieved that I turned down the orange I was offered last week, this orange is not for me unfortunately.

my second choice is red, and we went to see a red one at another dealer. I'd be happy with either grey or red from what I've seen, and now having sat in one I'm more than happy its the car for me.

the only down side - I was told it would be January for delivery probably, even though I ordered a few weeks back. ah well can't have everything...

I wonder if they are doing the same as Ford tend to do? They bring out a look-a-like ST but call it the ST Line. MG's Trophy is the look-a-like of the 4 wheel drive 410 bhp version coming out next year.

Does anyone know if you can turn the pattern effect lights off on the top of the rear light bar?

I’d like the Trophy’s features but those pattern effects are a bit too boy racer for me & will likely look tacky quite quickly.

Does anybody know where I can order the back panels (as on the SE version) to replace to spoilers (on the Trophy) ? I love them, but at the moment i'm not quite happy with the range, compared to the Kona which I had before.
I live in the Netherlands, so if someone can give my a part name or number I'm also happy.

I think you will have to go through your dealer but it seems an expensive way of gaining up to 11 miles (18 km) on a full charge when a slight change in driving style will gain more.

That was a case of misremembering - the parts came from a dealer.

But as Ian says - you can gain far more (for no cost) simply by changing how you drive.

(I think the Kona is inherently more efficient than the MG4, at least on reported mpkWh anyway).

Thanks guys, i'll think of what is best. What you said, ordering through the dealer won't be cheap. I think I will inflate the tyres a little more.
A couple of weeks ago I increased my tyre pressures to 2.6 bar from the recommended 2.5 bar (checked with an accurate pressure gauge) and I seem to be getting an extra 0.4m/kWh. Probably total coincidence and wishful thinking.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 88 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back