• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Rear washer stopped working - brake system to be stripped to repair

I'm just getting used to my MG HS Exclusive PHEV which I've had for about a month. Is the rear washer fed from the same reservoir in the engine bay, as the front washer?

Hi all. I am experiencing this issue. I took it to my local dealer in Stoke this morning. They explained what they thought was the
cause of the issue and said it would not be covered under the warranty because it is the drivers fault by using the rear wash on a frosty morning or when there was no water in the reservoir. I assured them this was not the case but they said they had seen this so many times and knew what the cause was. I'm not happy at all.

Hi Yes that is exactly what my dealer said and basically blamed the user.
When in fact it is probably a design fault and should be repaired under warranty and made fit for purpose .
I also got some bull about it happens to all cars.

Hi all. I am experiencing this issue. I took it to my local dealer in Stoke this morning. They explained what they thought was the
cause of the issue and said it would not be covered under the warranty because it is the drivers fault by using the rear wash on a frosty morning or when there was no water in the reservoir. I assured them this was not the case but they said they had seen this so many times and knew what the cause was. I'm not happy at all.
Hi, did you get any joy from Stoke MG?
Got mine from there and my rear washer pipe needs fixing?

Hi, did you get any joy from Stoke MG?
Got mine from there and my rear washer pipe needs fixing?
Not really. I decided not to bother taking it in as it was clear what the issue was and it was a waste of my time and theirs as Im not going to pay £90 to refit a hose. I asked why it wasn't covered under Warranty when I cancelled, they said It was a decision made by MG themselves so their hands were tied. When I pointed out that some people on the forum had had the work done under warranty they said that the dealers must have taken the hit because MG were not paying for the work.

Not really. I decided not to bother taking it in as it was clear what the issue was and it was a waste of my time and theirs as Im not going to pay £90 to refit a hose. I asked why it wasn't covered under Warranty when I cancelled, they said It was a decision made by MG themselves so their hands were tied. When I pointed out that some people on the forum had had the work done under warranty they said that the dealers must have taken the hit because MG were not paying for the work.
Hi
How old is the car and where is the hose come off. My dealer did my one no charge, small family run busines.

I have the same problem with my ZS EV. It went in for a service and this was on the list to fix.

Dealer forgot.

Perhaps because it is not covered with on Warranty.

Staggering that it is not - it broken and is clearly a design fault.

When you read the warranty terms and conditions - there are lots of ambiguity and flakiness.

If on the right side by the wheel get some one to run the back washer when you are look at the back of the brake servo in the engine bay and will water come out of a pipe to the side of the servo

If on the right side by the wheel get some one to run the back washer when you are look at the back of the brake servo in the engine bay and will water come out of a pipe to the side of the servo
That’s where it comes out - I just want MG to fix it. Their answer is that it’s not covered by warranty.

All I can say my garage did it for me and I think they took the hit, but it’s a small family run and they look after you. If you got yours from a larger group garage than they will charge you.

Hi all, mine has come off again, 3 times now…. Booked in again for repair 12th February…. Car is not very reliable…. This is the tip of the iceberg with issues I have had. Hey ho….

Poor design - pipe freezes and pops off. Mine has been in the garage for repair for a week now - I must check rear washer before I take it away after the cold weather.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom