Rear window isolation switch/lock resetting

Deanicus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just wondering if anyone has noticed if the rear window lock on the driver's door controls gets reset every time the car is locked/shut down?

The kids were messing with the windows so I locked them, only for it to reset the next time we got in the car. Happens every time. Ultimately it lead to one of the kids putting the window down, after I had got out, not noticing and it being open overnight in the lashing rain!

Is this expected behaviour? In any cars I've had previously, locking the rear windows stays that way unless manually unlocked

I can't say for sure, but I think resetting the window controls lock every restart is normal. (Being able to open the windows could be seen as a safety feature, so making it available at each start would be the "normal" condition. Like with LKA which reverts to On [for most people] on each restart).

Certainly in previous cars (Kia,VW) and my current ones (Renaul, Kia) disabling the rear windows stays like that, doesn't reset.

Are you sure the window dropping isn't part of the reported issue that people are finding on returning to the car, there is a thread on it

Certainly in previous cars (Kia,VW) and my current ones (Renaul, Kia) disabling the rear windows stays like that, doesn't reset.

Are you sure the window dropping isn't part of the reported issue that people are finding on returning to the car, there is a thread on it
Yes -^ this... sounds like window dropping to me.

I'm fairly certain it is not as my son did say he opened the window before getting out (he was talking to a friend)

Even if it is the window dropping problem, for me, the lock resetting is problematic. I can see the potential safety element to it but would presume most newer cars would be the same if it's an NCAP thing? My previous car was a 2007 so I've no experience with newer cars

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back