recall updates and things now different

demonbane

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
apparently , as i was in for 4 recalls , i got a 5th , which was the door loom wiring replacement

originally my podpoint solo 3 at home did not recognise the MG ZS ev 2019
this , along with really bad milleage return is now fixed ( i would drive from a full charge reading 135 miles a distance of 40 miles and be left with a charge of 50 miles ( on eco, heating turned off etc )

and i also had something else strange after

seatbelt on, dash light stays on.
after approx 1 minute ish even when you drive away . light stays on, no dings or bongs , then it goes out

rang up to ask about it and apparently its part of the update.
seatbelt light stays on until car verifies air bag correct THEN goes out .

so dont panic , its normal

If you look at the seatbelt status you'll notice the backseats are in red (if yours has that).
As the rear seats do not have occupancy sensors and only use the seatbelt connectors.
If you plug in the rear seatbelts the lights will stay off.
It's at least good as if any of your passengers think they don't need a belt, you can at least know if they have used it.

apparently , as i was in for 4 recalls , i got a 5th , which was the door loom wiring replacement

originally my podpoint solo 3 at home did not recognise the MG ZS ev 2019
this , along with really bad milleage return is now fixed ( i would drive from a full charge reading 135 miles a distance of 40 miles and be left with a charge of 50 miles ( on eco, heating turned off etc )

and i also had something else strange after

seatbelt on, dash light stays on.
after approx 1 minute ish even when you drive away . light stays on, no dings or bongs , then it goes out

rang up to ask about it and apparently its part of the update.
seatbelt light stays on until car verifies air bag correct THEN goes out .

so dont panic , its normal
Wow ……. I guess your car has been a little late / behind the times in getting its updates done then !.
You ARE a little behind, if your ZS EV ( Gen 1 ) is a 2019 model and it has not received the drivers door wiring loom replacement yet.
Your poor return on your mileage suggests that the BMS updates are LONG over due as well and your HV battery must be way out of balance as a result.
How come it has not received any updates prior to this at the required service intervals ?.
Have you switched dealer or something ?.
I am assuming that your car is completely upto date now then, reading your post !.
Have you been given any advice on charging protocols now, moving forward ?.
How many miles has your car covered from new ?.
My guess would be that you are a low mileage user case ?.
Has your car received the Comfort 2 software update, prior to this work recently carried ?.
Thanks.

22000 miles bought from motorpoint who got it from a MG dealer! Full on-time service history but no idea why updates were not done by MG dealer, can understand motorpoint not doing/having the facilities.
No advice on charging protocols but my intention is once a month stick it on the granny charger for the day
no idea what the comfort 2 update is

Last edited:
If you look at the seatbelt status you'll notice the backseats are in red (if yours has that).
As the rear seats do not have occupancy sensors and only use the seatbelt connectors.
If you plug in the rear seatbelts the lights will stay off.
It's at least good as if any of your passengers think they don't need a belt, you can at least know if they have used it.
absolutely correct!
plugged in both rear seat belts , light now goes off immediately

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom